Windows 10: RAM Disk or intel Optiron

Discus and support RAM Disk or intel Optiron in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics RAM: Corsair DDR4 32 GB I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Sep 12, 2019 at 1:07 PM.

1. RAM Disk or intel Optiron

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

RAM: Corsair DDR4 32 GB

I want to see that my Desktop runs at the best speed possible by tweaking the hardwares and softwares.

On the above Motherboard I have 2 Nos of M.2 NVMe sockets.

On the first M.2 socket I have a 512 M.2 SSD installed for the OS .

On the second socket I intent to install a 32GB intel Optiron SSD, to exploit its Cache properties and capabilities.

My question is:

Should I install RAM Disk software and utilize a portion of the 32GB DDR4 ?

or

Go for 32GB intel Optiron?

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Sep 12, 2019 at 1:07 PM

2. Is RAM Disk worth it?

like everyone suggested, Ram DIsk really didnt make a difference on my personal rig. There was a tutorial while back t hat said firefox/ browsing could be sped up putting temp files on ram disk but loading new pages was slower, restart comp was a little slower, oveall not really worth it. For now

dr0thegreatest, Sep 12, 2019 at 1:09 PM
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

4. RAM Disk or intel Optiron

How to increase dedicated video ram windows 10

i want to increase my dedicated video ram i have intel iris 5100 but i dont know how pls list a step by step way to increase it (windows 10)

muhammed dönmez, Sep 12, 2019 at 1:09 PM
Thema:

RAM Disk or intel Optiron

1. RAM Disk or intel Optiron - Similar Threads - RAM Disk intel

2. Disk and RAM usage goes to 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk and RAM usage goes to 100%: Hello everyone, I've bought a new computer about 6 weeks ago. Everything worked fine, up until these last few days. After a few hours of using it, it starts lagging more and more, to the point where it freezes completely. I've managed to catch a glimpse on the taskbar, which...
  3. Ram and Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram and Disk: So i recently upgraded to win 10 on this win 7 system and the ram usage for system is over the top at 2.4 gb and only gives me 1.6 gb available (not even only gives me 400 mb while on my newer laptops it gives me 15.9 gb) also Disk usage is at 100% for nothing. Im just trying...
  4. How to check the Video Ram Usage - On Board Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Support
    How to check the Video Ram Usage - On Board Intel Graphics: I have windows 10 with a few monitors hooked up. I am wondering how much video ram I am currently using. There are no games. Just general office/productivity tools. Is there anyway to check the Video RAM usage on a 7th GEN i7? 115521
  5. I need Ram-Disk advice .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need Ram-Disk advice .: My system specs are below. I guess the available ram is whats needed ? 8 GB total, 7 usable . I want to try two things : 1. Set up my Browsers, Chrome and Edge, to save their browsing files to the Ram Disk . 2. Run my Drawing application on the Ram-disk so that its...
  6. Intel RST Woes: Disapearing Drive vs RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST Woes: Disapearing Drive vs RAM Usage: At some point I've realized that my system is using 7gb++ of RAM while idle. Using RamMap I noticed that some driver/s are blocking about 5gb of memory. So I updated the drivers and noticed that the Intel Rapid Storage Technonlogy was not installed. (Not running a RAID...
  7. Thoughts on Intel integrated ram share limit 1.67gb

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Thoughts on Intel integrated ram share limit 1.67gb: Using a Toshiba laptop with no Bios option for video ram buffer limit. 1.67gb seems to be the limit. Couple things running I'm literally only using 16% of 16gbs. I was in a configuration menu that showed the buffers address values to the shared ram but it does not look...
  8. Change disk used for hibernation (for contents of RAM)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change disk used for hibernation (for contents of RAM): I'd like to change the disk which my PC uses to store the contents of RAM during hibernation. I'd like to save wear and tear on my main SSD and transfer it to my older, smaller SSD. Thanks! 87033
  9. Version 1703 Install Needs More RAM Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 1703 Install Needs More RAM Disk: Since I have a custom assembled PC, I thought I'd wait until Microsoft prompted me for the 1703 update. So I waited until today, when I got the nod to proceed. The download went without a hitch, as did the "Prepare for Update" step. I then clicked for a reboot, and very...
  10. Installation on unsupported Intel Graphics uses too much system RAM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation on unsupported Intel Graphics uses too much system RAM: The Windows 10 WinPE uses 1019MB of shared system RAM to run the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter - the same driver is also found in Windows 10 after setup. In Windows 8.0 the basic adapter managed with 256MB - at least on my Windows to go version - for perfectly adequate...