Windows 10: RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS

Discus and support RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; MotherBoard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H (rev. 1.0) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200MHz (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16) I wanted to change my ram Mhz on Bios.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bochalis, Feb 5, 2021.

1. RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS

MotherBoard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H (rev. 1.0)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200MHz (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16)

I wanted to change my ram Mhz on Bios. When i opened RAM options, there were two separate profiles, one it was default (and it was already selected) and the other one it was a premade profile that had added as a default option the highiest MHz (3200). I didn't have a problem when i saw the premade profile, but when i selected profile2 i saved & exited the bios and my pc wasn't booting. I tried many time to restart and boot again but nothing happend.I updated my Bios, I change slots the ram and still nothing. After several tries and using defferent methods to boot my pc i reset my cmos memory (as you already know) to boot with the default profile (profile1 default ram MHz). My question is; do i have to change my motherboard? or it has to do with my ram? Either way if you have any idea of how can i fix it i'll be very greatful!! P.S. no i cant either create a new profile for my ram MHz on my bios

submitted by /u/Bochalis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bochalis, Feb 5, 2021
  2. DW7EZV Win User

Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios

Here are the images I took on my bios settings;

Default - Auto

RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS [​IMG]

Changed to XMP - DDR4 2667

Nothings changed, still 2400 after save/restart

My RAM;

SPD

no slot # 2 cause I only have 1 ram.

//Does it affect why the frequency will not show 2666 because I only have 1 RAM? Why?

DW7EZV, Feb 5, 2021
  3. CountMike Win User

That's different, those G processors are quite limited. My Ryzen also says 3200 but I had it at 4000MHz.

CountMike, Feb 5, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS

Mike that's just Intel's RAM spec, it has nothing to do with what the actual RAM speed can run at. Example: My Intel i9-9900K list shows DDR4-2666....

but my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme board supports speeds up to 4200MHZ. I'm currently Corsair's 3600MHz modules and that's what XMP has them set at....

Point? The OP's board does support (states) 2600MHz modules.

sygnus21, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS

1. RAM frequency doesn't change on BIOS - Similar Threads - RAM frequency doesn't

2. I want to change the ram frequency and to remove that reserved hardware ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to change the ram frequency and to remove that reserved hardware ram: I want to change the ram frequency to 2600 cause that's my maximum and to remove that reserved hardware ram, how can I do that, and if I do it, something bad it's going to happen ?...
  3. I want to change the ram frequency and to remove that reserved hardware ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the ram frequency and to remove that reserved hardware ram: I want to change the ram frequency to 2600 cause that's my maximum and to remove that reserved hardware ram, how can I do that, and if I do it, something bad it's going to happen ?...
  4. I want to change the ram frequency and to remove that reserved hardware ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RAM Frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM Frequency: In my task manager, it's showing 2933 MHz and in CMD it's showing 3200 MHz.I was thinking to upgrade my ram. If I purchased a 3200 Mhz ram will it work?Model: ROG Strix G15 i5 10 Gen Version....
  6. RAM Frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM Frequency: In my task manager, it's showing 2933 MHz and in CMD it's showing 3200 MHz.I was thinking to upgrade my ram. If I purchased a 3200 Mhz ram will it work?Model: ROG Strix G15 i5 10 Gen Version....
  7. RAM Frequency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mixing 2400 with 2666 RAM frequencies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mixing 2400 with 2666 RAM frequencies: Hello guys,Can i possibly mix my 2400 ddr4 RAM with a 2666 RAM ?*my mobo's default speed is 2400 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mixing-2400-with-2666-ram-frequencies/f4c50253-c75a-480a-93da-c402abde7382
  9. BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change: submitted by /u/CarryTheBoat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ksl6e9/bios_showing_a_ram_change_on_boot_despite_no_ram/
  10. Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios: Hi! I have a EX-H310M-V3 R2.0 with bios v1202 and Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4-2666. The frequency shows 2400. I want to change it to 2666 as advertised. I change the XMP to 2666 and saved it. After restart it is still 2400. What to do? Thanks! 152648