Windows 10: Ram Max Black screen

Discus and support Ram Max Black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i built my computer and its been working really well. I friend of mine told me that since i had two ram slots open not being used that iI should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shivpatel6, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Ram Max Black screen

So i built my computer and its been working really well. I friend of mine told me that since i had two ram slots open not being used that iI should take my old ram from my old computer and pit it in the new one. When i did that the computer read 32 gn of ram but said only 16 gb usable. So i did some research and i had to go into msconfig. Go to boot and advanced and check the maximum memory box. I also had to type in 1024 under the space below that box. After that i restarted my computer and its been really slow at booting up. I turn on the computer and it loads then turns black then greets me with the login page. I login then agter that its black forever. What do i do! I tried removing the old ram switching the old ones to other slots. Removong my excess harddrives and ssd that arent my os devices. Help!

:)

shivpatel6, Mar 20, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Ram Max Black screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Ram Max Black screen

1. Ram Max Black screen - Similar Threads - Ram Max Black

2. Black Screen when Updating Graphics Driver; Brightness Stuck on Max

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen when Updating Graphics Driver; Brightness Stuck on Max: Hi! Two months ago, my laptop HP Pavilion Notebook 17-g121wm underwent a forced Windows update, which must have messed up something; at first I was stuck in a repair crash loop. Then the screen died but the power would remain on. I've cleaned and wiped my hard drive and did a...
  3. Max RAM accepted for HP s01-af0014nf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Max RAM accepted for HP s01-af0014nf: Hello, I have bought a HP Slim s01-af0014nf which comes with Windows 10 and 8 Go of RAM. I Just upgraded it to Windows 11 and I'd like to upgrade it to 16 Go but could find no information on the max accepted RAM on this computer. Could you please tell me if this is possible?...
  4. Max RAM accepted for HP s01-af0014nf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Max RAM accepted for HP s01-af0014nf: Hello, I have bought a HP Slim s01-af0014nf which comes with Windows 10 and 8 Go of RAM. I Just upgraded it to Windows 11 and I'd like to upgrade it to 16 Go but could find no information on the max accepted RAM on this computer. Could you please tell me if this is possible?...
  5. Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64: Now here is the problem:My computer is in win10 x64 ,and I installed 2 8GB RAM into my computer, also my BIOS tells me that in the two DIMM Memory SPD, the part name is KHX1600C10D3/8G.So the BIOS may have “see” my new RAM, but when I went in the MSI mainboard setting >...
  6. Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64: Now here is the problem:My computer is in win10 x64 ,and I installed 2 8GB RAM into my computer, also my BIOS tells me that in the two DIMM Memory SPD, the part name is KHX1600C10D3/8G.So the BIOS may have “see” my new RAM, but when I went in the MSI mainboard setting >...
  7. Max RAM of BIOS in win10 x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. ASUS VivoBook Max System black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS VivoBook Max System black screen: i get stuck with a black screen in pc after system update. who can help. screenshoot.jpg asus vevoBook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivobook-max-system-black-screen/0432f059-b8aa-4d78-8a8c-9d54c99a1d4b
  9. Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram: Starting today, periodically my computer will slow down and freeze for a few seconds then go back to normal. I quick investigation shows my Ram being used 100! but the most a program is using (Chrome) is 9%. Process Monitor doesn't show any application using abnormal amounts...
  10. Max level of UAC without screen black blink

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Max level of UAC without screen black blink: Is there any way to get rid of that black screen blink in highest level of the UAC? like any registry trick or something? I'd like to use it since I pay very much attention to my computer security, but that black/grey screen blink bugs me out, not because of the color, but...