Windows 10: RAM Memory Change

Discus and support RAM Memory Change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sir, Can Anyone advise.I buy 2nd hand HP Elite book Folio 9470m at first when i buy i check the configuration of RAM it was 8 GB with 500 GB HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nelson, Dec 26, 2015.

1. nelson Win User

RAM Memory Change

Sir,

Can Anyone advise.I buy 2nd hand HP Elite book Folio 9470m at first when i buy i check the configuration of RAM it was 8 GB with 500 GB HDD then after a few days My laptop suddenly appears Bootable Disc Not Found i learned from Comp.Technician that my HDD have problem.He installed 1TB HDD and format then when i brought home and check RAM Cnfiguration it becomes 7.87 GB now I'm jumping to conclusion that the Comp.Tech.Change the RAM
    My question is this Normal? if it is normal any explanasion because it was flat 8GB then after he gets his hand on my laptop it becomes 7.87

:)

nelson, Dec 26, 2015

2. Continuously receiving different Blue Screen of Death

So is this possibly corrected by changing a RAM memory?

Nicolas0316, Dec 26, 2015
  3. petrib Win User
    Can internal Memory be upgraded on 6680?

You can only get a bigger memory card. You can't change the internal memory; neither run-time memory (dynamic RAM) nor storage memory (Flash).

petrib, Dec 26, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

RAM Memory Change

RAM modules come in 1, 2 or 4GB intervals so he couldn't do that what you are experiencing. The difference here is in the way it's calculated.

CountMike, Dec 26, 2015
  5. nelson Win User
    Thank you,

I was thinking probably the Comp.Tech. change the original 8 GB Ram Module with low cost RAM Module that's why become 7.87 GB
    so it's normal..thanks for enlightenment..Appreciate

nelson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

RAM Memory Change

1. RAM Memory Change - Similar Threads - RAM Memory Change

2. High memory RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  3. RAM memory corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM memory corruption?: Hi,I recently bought a second-hand PC and while gaming I am getting repeated various BSOD crashes which I believe are down to corrupted RAM or drivers, but I can't identify the problematic files beyond that. I have tried physically dismounting and remounting the RAM and am...
  4. RAM memory corruption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM memory corruption?: Hi,I recently bought a second-hand PC and while gaming I am getting repeated various BSOD crashes which I believe are down to corrupted RAM or drivers, but I can't identify the problematic files beyond that. I have tried physically dismounting and remounting the RAM and am...
  5. RAM memory corruption?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. RAM memory slots not working !!!

RAM memory slots not working !!!: After replacing the paste on the processor, the RAM slots do not work. I had 4 busy, at the moment I have 1 and 3 busy, I put the memory in slots 2 and 4. It causes that the computer does not start and after a few seconds, reset itself. Can I fix it somehow? 182999
  7. RAM Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Memory: Why my setup says that I have 8,00 GB RAM memory but shows that just 6,93 GB is usable? How to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-memory/6eec79ea-1b95-4395-bdcd-b9d91524dd03
  8. Add virtual ram to memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add virtual ram to memory: Hi, On my desktop I have a 16 Gb pagefile and 16Gb of ram which gives 32 Gb of memory. On my laptop I have tried to change the pagefile size to 18 Gb to get 24 Gb of memory with my 6 Gb ram. My pagefile is 18 Gb as showned in explorer C directory but my ram is still only 6...
  9. memory (ram sticks)

memory (ram sticks): im going to ask this the best way I can, people are getting confused when I ask this, im getting a gaming computer going it has 4 ram slots, I have 4 ddr3 two of them are 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHZ1.50v the other two I want to use are patriot signature line 8GB(2x4GB kit) DDR3 UDIMM...
  10. System RAM memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...