Windows 10: Ram memory from a different brand, is it ok?

Discus and support Ram memory from a different brand, is it ok? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a Samsung 8gb memory ram stick DDR4 2666mhz, and I wanted to upgrade, so I was going to get another 8gb with the same specs to get in total... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrazyVenezuelan, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Ram memory from a different brand, is it ok?

So I have a Samsung 8gb memory ram stick DDR4 2666mhz, and I wanted to upgrade, so I was going to get another 8gb with the same specs to get in total 16gb, is it ok if it’s from a different brand??

submitted by /u/CrazyVenezuelan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrazyVenezuelan, Oct 4, 2020

2. RAM

Hi,

there is no best brand, several brans are practically equal. Personally I prefer Kingston Value RAM.

Mixing two brands with identical parameters (not only size) is not a problem.

Mixing memory with different parameters (even of same brand) may cause some problems.

Check motherboard compatibility list before buying RAM.

Igor Leyko, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 4, 2020
  4. keakar Win User

Ram memory from a different brand, is it ok?

Mixing different brand memory is ok?

i would suggest you double and tripple check to make sure your using 1.95gb ram.

if its true you would be better off getting a set of 2x2gb ram it will not be recognized in windows as 4gb but you still get full use of it. also if you use all 4 slots you will put a heavy load on the ram bus so get a set of two 2gb sticks and sell your other ram.

keakar, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Ram memory from a different brand, is it ok?

1. Ram memory from a different brand, is it ok? - Similar Threads - Ram memory different

2. How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?: Hello, recently I have noticed I have not been using fully my physical ram. In total i have 16GB, but actually i am using only upto 8GB. I would like to change that number to at least 12-14GB, or to fully use my 16GB RAM. System information: https://i.imgur.com/9heXoKQ.png...
  3. How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allocate more memory ram from total to physical ram?: Hello, recently I have noticed I have not been using fully my physical ram. In total i have 16GB, but actually i am using only upto 8GB. I would like to change that number to at least 12-14GB, or to fully use my 16GB RAM. System information: https://i.imgur.com/9heXoKQ.png...
  4. Why memory summary differs from memory details?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why memory summary differs from memory details?: Why am I seeing this discrepancy between the summary and the details?This PC suffers of unexpected reboots and the application running on it sometimes highlights low RAM memory in idle condition.Thanks!...
  5. Why memory summary differs from memory details?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why memory summary differs from memory details?: Why am I seeing this discrepancy between the summary and the details?This PC suffers of unexpected reboots and the application running on it sometimes highlights low RAM memory in idle condition.Thanks!...
  6. Why memory summary differs from memory details?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What is the difference between RAM memory and Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the difference between RAM memory and Hard Drive?: [ATTACH]While every component in a PC has a role to play, today, we are […] This article What is the difference between RAM memory and Hard Drive? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Different Brands of Rtx 3080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Different Brands of Rtx 3080: Hello, I am new to computer building and I am wondering what each brand means for the Rtx 3080. For example there is an Asus 3080, Nvidia 3080, and a Msi 3080. The stats look exactly the same so what is the difference besides looks. Also if it is a compatibility difference...
  9. RAM Memory

RAM Memory: Why my setup says that I have 8,00 GB RAM memory but shows that just 6,93 GB is usable? How to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-memory/6eec79ea-1b95-4395-bdcd-b9d91524dd03
  10. Is it a bad idea to have two ram sticks from two different brands?

Is it a bad idea to have two ram sticks from two different brands?: Hey. I've got a question. Would two ram sticks Each 4gb from two brands cause performance issues? I've been upgrading some family laptops with such parts and I came accross this in a acer aspire v5 131-2497 where the original brand was ADATA with 4gb. and the others were...