Windows 10: RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10

Discus and support RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help/solution for this! My problem is the next... I used to Windows 7 and it run well until It got infected so I formated it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MasterBlaze, Jun 5, 2019.

1. RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10

Hello,

I need some help/solution for this!
    My problem is the next... I used to Windows 7 and it run well until It got infected so I formated it to Windows 10 (on Feb) and it run like you will expect from a recent formated PC, then I noticed it was almost using 50% of the ram... in Windows 7 it used to just use 300-500MB maximum 1 GB. So it's really weird, I didn't give it attention and continued my life, until now... My PC is sometimes struggling to open some programs and the ram is going up to 80% of 4 GB, I know Windows 10 eats a lot of memory in a lot of cases but this is incredible, I checked Task Manager and some Process explorer (I also tried sysinternals one) and none of them showed something "unusual" everything was ok, I used calculator to make sure every process was consuming what it says "80% of 4 GB Ram" but it wasn't... it was just 1 GB of ram being used.

When I'm playing some low spec games because my PC is crap, some of them started to get lag spikes, which is really annoying.

I would like some help I can give you any information!

Thanks,

RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10 [​IMG]

RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

MasterBlaze, Jun 5, 2019
  2. okBabby Win User

System and Compressed memory using a lot of RAM

As seen here, it appears that I am suffering from memory leak and most notably, System and Compressed Memory is using far too much memory. I have 8gb RAM and never had over 25% memory usage until i upgraded to windows 10.

RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10 84612846-2015-4453-b6d7-14cb8f65da36.png

I've tried following the steps on this site: Windows 10 high memory usage (unknown reason)

By using poolmon I have found that the pooltag "Rtlw" is using an excessive amount of memory, but I for some reason cannot find the driver associated with Rtlw to update

RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10 314c207a-b608-4e99-8b47-e67a0d899ff0.png

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is inhibiting my ability to play games and use editing software

okBabby, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Je_mezu24 Win User
    Windows 10 & Problems With System and Compressed Memory Taking Up All Of The Computer's RAM

Ive also already ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool hundreds to thousands of times every time System and Compressed Memory is shown to be using all of my computer's RAM/Memory and it too has stated that there are no problems with my computer's Memory/RAM either.
    I've also ran it after many restarts to clear up System and Compressed Memory so that it isn't using all of my computer's Memory/RAM until the next time it does it again and again. It's always after a few hours of use with the computer and it doesn't matter
    if anything is being used or if the computer is idle. It is even worse directly after waking the computer up from it going to Windows 10's login screen or should I say the pictured (screensaver) screen.

I can easily post a screenshot taken with my iPad of the fact that the Memory Diagnostic Tool shows that there is no memory problems whatsoever either!

Je_mezu24, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10

Installed Memory(RAM)

Hi Jyotirmay,

Base on the screenshot you provided, it means you have a 3.5 GB usable memory out of the 4 GB memory installed. The amount of usable memory that you see is not exact amount. Usable memory is a calculated amount of the total physical memory minus "hardware
    reserved" memory.

The reduction of the available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices.
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory.
    • The System BIOS version and settings.
    • The version of Windows that is installed
    • Other system settings.

If you find that much of your RAM is regularly being used, consider adding more RAM if possible, especially if your PC only has 1 or 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM. To learn more about what kind of RAM your PC model uses, first look at the memory info in Task Manager,
    and then visit the PC manufacturer’s website for more specific info.

RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10 adbf94c8-6e3b-47cd-870a-1807aaea723e?upload=true.png

• Type of memory (RAM) PC uses
    • RAM speed
    • Memory slots used

Here’s some info about the minimum memory requirements for Windows 10:

• Windows 10 (32-bit) can run on a PC with 1 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 2 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 3 GB or more.
    • Windows 10 (64-bit) can run on a PC with 2 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 4 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 6 GB or more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10

1. RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10 - Similar Threads - RAM Memory half

2. Half of my RAM is being used just after startup with no external application running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Half of my RAM is being used just after startup with no external application running.: I know that 3-4 Gb of RAM is used up by Windows for its functioning. But I have a 16Gb 15.7 Gb useable RAM and over 7-8 Gb of it is been used right after startup. And then the RAM skyrockets after I open Chrome or Opera as they use a lot of RAM resulting in the RAM in being...
  3. Half of my RAM is being used just after startup with no external application running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my RAM is being used just after startup with no external application running.: I know that 3-4 Gb of RAM is used up by Windows for its functioning. But I have a 16Gb 15.7 Gb useable RAM and over 7-8 Gb of it is been used right after startup. And then the RAM skyrockets after I open Chrome or Opera as they use a lot of RAM resulting in the RAM in being...
  4. Why is half of my 16 GB of ram being used up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is half of my 16 GB of ram being used up?: I have very little apps open and 7.7 GB of ram is being used? Task manager doesn't tell me what is so hungry for ram. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-half-of-my-16-gb-of-ram-being-used-up/8da8b3af-37ed-471d-b212-c5a0515405df
  5. Why is half of my 16 GB of ram being used up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is half of my 16 GB of ram being used up?: I have very little apps open and 7.7 GB of ram is being used? Task manager doesn't tell me what is so hungry for ram. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-half-of-my-16-gb-of-ram-being-used-up/8da8b3af-37ed-471d-b212-c5a0515405df
  6. Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?: Hello, I've checked the memory on my system with CPU-Z and there it only shows 1066.7 mhz, even though I have a kingston hyperx khx2133c14d4/4g, which should have 2133 mhz instead. My MOBO is a B150M Gaming 3, and I use Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1, but my processor seems not...
  7. Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?: Hello, I've checked the memory on my system with CPU-Z and there it only shows 1066.7 mhz, even though I have a kingston hyperx khx2133c14d4/4g, which should have 2133 mhz instead. My MOBO is a B150M Gaming 3, and I use Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1, but my processor seems not...
  8. Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 only using half the installed RAM: Device nameDESKTOP-AJD2UQS ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor 4.10 GHz Installed RAM64.0 GB (31.9 GB usable) Device ID Product ID System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎2021-‎03-‎15 OS...
  9. Half of memory being used on nothing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half of memory being used on nothing.: I'm not sure when this started, but recently I have noticed that even with no programs open(other than task manager itself), half of my available ram(7.8GB) is being used(5.9GB) by nothing. All the services definetely don't add up to 6GB. Does anyone have an idea of what...
  10. System RAM memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have 8gb ddr4 ram but only 5.9gb appears