Windows 10: RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

Discus and support RAM Or mobo ram slot problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlurryFace, Jan 27, 2017.

1. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to restart my pc, windows always preparing automatic solutions which doesn't help of course. I can't really tell whether the ram, ramslot or maybe other bullshit is causing the problem.

:)

BlurryFace, Jan 27, 2017

2. BSOD and ocassional crashing with no BSOD

I had hoped verifier would find it was a driver but it did not catch the offending driver which confirms it may be the Physical ram itself. Any errors (especially on the early passes) are too many.

In order to find if it is AM or the mobo slot run memtest on one stick of ram. If it passes move it to the other slots. if it fails on the other slots it may well be the slot

Repeat with the other ram and compare the results. If the error moves when you move the ram its the ram, if it stays on the same slot it is the mobo

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 27, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Critical Process Died

after clean reset, same problem still occur.

now I suspect my mobo has problem.

when I run verifier with ram 1 in slot 4, no minidump produced, then I use
    ram 2 in slot 3, minidump produced, then I use ram 2 in slot 4, no minidump again, then I use
    ram 1 in slot 3, minidump produced.

so is it my ram slot 4 is broken?

Teo Kai Xuan, Jan 27, 2017
  4. jds63 Win User

RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

It is one cause to RAM. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
    Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common). Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall). Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files. Driver conflict after installing new hardware. Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System. Error 0x9C blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.

This really needs to be analyzed in BSOD area on this forum as these people are better at determining this cause.

jds63, Jan 27, 2017
Thema:

RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

1. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem - Similar Threads - RAM mobo ram

2. Incorrect number of RAM slots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect number of RAM slots: Task manger incorrectly displays number of RAM slots used as 2 of 4. I have a Aorus X570 mini itx motherboard that definitely only has two slots. I think this only occurred after updating to windows 10 1909 to 2004. Could this be a BIOS issue?...
  3. RAM problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM problem: Hi I need help with my ram. When i start up my pc my ram is normal at a 41% usage( I have 8gb). But over time the ram starts to build up usage and goes to 91% for no reason and when i look at the task manager it says nothing there of what is being run that uses the ram. I...
  4. RAM slot information not detected by utility software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM slot information not detected by utility software: I have an Asus Vivobook X505ZA and was trying to figure out what my current hardware was to upgrade accordingly. I tried CPU-Z and HWiNFO and for some reason, they can't detect any memory module in both RAM slots. They however, display that I have 4 GB of RAM which is...
  5. Ram problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram problem: I have a hp pavilion. I have 4gn ddr3 ram installed. But only 1.45gb is usable. Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-problem/d6777a31-2f56-448d-a5ab-a2f8ee62d8fa
  6. Ram 4 slot Question

Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  7. Ram 4 slot Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  8. Usable ram problem

Usable ram problem: Hi. I'm running win 10 64-bit. I recently noticed that only 3.96 gb RAM is available of 8 gb. I tried unchecking that maximum memory button in system configuration(you know, the solution that everyone is recommending), and no change. I also tried setting maximum memory to...
  9. System not detecting slot 1 with 4GB RAM.

System not detecting slot 1 with 4GB RAM.: Hi, My laptop came installed with a 4GB RAM in slot2. The other slot has been free. Today I bought another 4GB module with same specifications and after inserting to slot1, it did not get detected. I swapped the modules, and the new RAM is functioning perfectly. However,...
  10. BSOD when using a certain RAM slot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using a certain RAM slot: Hello I've been having this BSOD issue for quite some time now during certain games and finally decided I should do something about it. Things I have done already: formatted my pc memtest (two times overnight no issues found) Updated bios to a new version but not the...