Windows 10: RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

Discus and support RAM Or mobo ram slot problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlurryFace, Jan 27, 2017.

1. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to restart my pc, windows always preparing automatic solutions which doesn't help of course. I can't really tell whether the ram, ramslot or maybe other bullshit is causing the problem.

:)

BlurryFace, Jan 27, 2017

2. BSOD and ocassional crashing with no BSOD

I had hoped verifier would find it was a driver but it did not catch the offending driver which confirms it may be the Physical ram itself. Any errors (especially on the early passes) are too many.

In order to find if it is AM or the mobo slot run memtest on one stick of ram. If it passes move it to the other slots. if it fails on the other slots it may well be the slot

Repeat with the other ram and compare the results. If the error moves when you move the ram its the ram, if it stays on the same slot it is the mobo

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 27, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Critical Process Died

after clean reset, same problem still occur.

now I suspect my mobo has problem.

when I run verifier with ram 1 in slot 4, no minidump produced, then I use
    ram 2 in slot 3, minidump produced, then I use ram 2 in slot 4, no minidump again, then I use
    ram 1 in slot 3, minidump produced.

so is it my ram slot 4 is broken?

Teo Kai Xuan, Jan 27, 2017
  4. jds63 Win User

RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

It is one cause to RAM. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
    Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common). Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall). Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files. Driver conflict after installing new hardware. Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System. Error 0x9C blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.

This really needs to be analyzed in BSOD area on this forum as these people are better at determining this cause.

jds63, Jan 27, 2017
Thema:

RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

1. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem - Similar Threads - RAM mobo ram

2. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need help with ram slots: so i have 4 slots 2 black 2 gray one black is A1 the next gray is A2 then same color order but B1and B2 im using 2 sticks 16gb should they both be in A1 and A2 or what order??...
  3. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with ram slots: so i have 4 slots 2 black 2 gray one black is A1 the next gray is A2 then same color order but B1and B2 im using 2 sticks 16gb should they both be in A1 and A2 or what order??...
  4. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues: So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting...
  5. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues: So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting...
  6. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. RAM memory slots not working !!!

RAM memory slots not working !!!: After replacing the paste on the processor, the RAM slots do not work. I had 4 busy, at the moment I have 1 and 3 busy, I put the memory in slots 2 and 4. It causes that the computer does not start and after a few seconds, reset itself. Can I fix it somehow? 182999
  8. Incorrect number of RAM slots

Incorrect number of RAM slots: Task manger incorrectly displays number of RAM slots used as 2 of 4. I have a Aorus X570 mini itx motherboard that definitely only has two slots. I think this only occurred after updating to windows 10 1909 to 2004. Could this be a BIOS issue?...
  9. Ram 4 slot Question

Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  10. Ram 4 slot Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...