Windows 10: RAM showing up in BIOS but in windows, it shows hardware reserved

Discus and support RAM showing up in BIOS but in windows, it shows hardware reserved in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had 4 GB ram hp notebook pc with 2 ram slots .. I wanted to put another 8 GB ram in slot 2, so I did it .. But.. in BIOS in my computer it shows 12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chaniru-Rajapakse, Apr 25, 2021.

1. RAM showing up in BIOS but in windows, it shows hardware reserved

I had 4 GB ram hp notebook pc with 2 ram slots .. I wanted to put another 8 GB ram in slot 2, so I did it .. But.. in BIOS in my computer it shows 12 GB ram . But in task manager it is still showing hardware reserved : 8.5 GB. So I typed in systeminfo in cmd.. It showed like thisPlease help me to fix this

:)

Chaniru-Rajapakse, Apr 25, 2021

2. RAM shows 4GB hardware reserved insted of 8GB

sir,

i have installed windows 10 pro in my system, i have 8gb of ram installed into my motherboard,but when i check the properties it shows only 3.90 gb usable. when i check with the task manager, it says that 4 gb is hardware reserved. what is it mean. how
    can i use my 8 gb of ram fully.pls help.

allenissac, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Kruk Win User
    GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk

Hi

I have a two laptops with Windows 10 x64. Recently I noticed new partition with next available letter. Size is 128mb and it can't be accessed. I checked in Disk Management but this partition is not listed there as per the below screen:

RAM showing up in BIOS but in windows, it shows hardware reserved [​IMG]

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard and managed to see details about this partition.

I tried Diskpart to remove Drive Letter but no luck:

This happened at the same time on my two HP laptops but not sure what could cause it. Maybe some Windows update? I do not remember installing any new apps. I would like to remove this disk from the list of available disks.

Can anyone suggest/advise how I can remove this from the list?

Thanks

4. RAM showing up in BIOS but in windows, it shows hardware reserved

Windows 10 2004 (19041.450) - Half of my RAM is "hardware reserved"

Ever since the update to version 2004, build 19041.450, the task manager shows half of my RAM as being hardware reserved. I have 2 sticks of 8GB RAM, on version 1903 and 1909, the task manager would show 16GB of RAM, with about 45MB hardware reserved. After
    the update to 2004, I now have 8.1GB hardware reserved. I've tried changing BIOS settings, updating the BIOS, and even completely replacing the motherboard with no success.

Hardware:

Old motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming-3, BIOS versions F20, F25, and F31.

New motherboard: ASRock B450M-Pro4, BIOS versions P3.50 and P3.90.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: 2x8GB Samsung DDR4-2133 running at 2133 MHz

GPU: EVGA 1050Ti 4GB

SSD: Kingston 220 GB, primary drive

HDD: Toshiba 2TB, secondary drive

All the drivers are up to date according to their respective manufacturers and windows update.

I've seen the same issues discussed in the forums, but there were no obvious solution, it was always pointing to a BIOS issue. However, it used to work fine before the update to 2004, and I've tried 2 motherboards with 5 various BIOS versions.

JacquesFaucher, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

RAM showing up in BIOS but in windows, it shows hardware reserved

1. RAM showing up in BIOS but in windows, it shows hardware reserved - Similar Threads - RAM showing BIOS

2. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  3. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  4. Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM: Why is my hardware reserved so high? My windows 8.1 is not activated, but my hardware reserved is 5.4 GB out of 8 GB. I tried MSCONFIG but that did not work because the 2 boxes were already unchecked....
  5. Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM: Why is my hardware reserved so high? My windows 8.1 is not activated, but my hardware reserved is 5.4 GB out of 8 GB. I tried MSCONFIG but that did not work because the 2 boxes were already unchecked....
  6. Half Ram is in Hardware reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Half Ram is in Hardware reserved: I've tried Multiple different solutions and non of them seem to solve the issue. Everywhere in windows it says I have 16GB of memory installed but only 7.94 Usable the rest in hardware reserve.this happens with another working kit of ram. it only happens when 2 sticks are...
  7. 2.1GB Hardware Reserved RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2.1GB Hardware Reserved RAM: I've had 2100MB hardware reserved memory ever since I got my PC. I've tried Run maintenance task Setting maximum memoryMSConfig > Boot to 0 and turning it off Booting in Safe ModeIt was still reserved I've also tried checking the BIOS, but I couldn't find anything...
  8. Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM: I am using a DELL 660s PC, the time I brought it, it had 5.8GB usable out of 6 GB RAM which was onboard. This year I added an SSD and made it my main drive, now I see that it has only 5.6GB usable out of 6 GB RAM, since my workload increased, I increased the RAM to 8GB, but...
  9. Ram hardware reserved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram hardware reserved: I have a small problem, in my desktop PC I have 16 gb ram DDR 4, and that's ok, but one day I decided to add additional 8 gb, and there is a problem, bios seeing all 24 gb but windows decided to reserve 12 gb. How to solve this? Thanks in advance. My system: Mb: ASRock b450...
  10. Half RAM allocated to "Hardware Reserve"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Half RAM allocated to "Hardware Reserve": Hello everyone. I really hope you can help me. I'm at the end of my rope. First off, my specs: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mobo AMD FX 8350 CPU 2 x G skill 4 GB sticks EVGA 660 Ti GPU OS on SSD 2 x 1 TB mechanical drives Only half my RAM is showing as usable. The rest is...