Windows 10: Ram slot cause laptop freezing

Discus and support Ram slot cause laptop freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have acer nitro-5 laptop that i bought a year ago. recently i started noticing that windows always freezes at startup, weather its shut down or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mo james, Oct 11, 2021.

1. mo james Win User

Ram slot cause laptop freezing

i have acer nitro-5 laptop that i bought a year ago. recently i started noticing that windows always freezes at startup, weather its shut down or even in sleep mode, once i open the laptop, the screen freeze. i have two slots 16 GB rams i removed one of the rams and the pc worked perfectly. i tried both two rams in the same slot and it worked so no problems with the rams itself. there is a slot that cause freezing and blackscreens to my pc. when i insert only one ram in that slot the pc wont even open. just a black screen and the keybord keys light is on.but when i open the pc with both rams

:)

mo james, Oct 11, 2021

2. Ram slot

Greetings my friend. Like 'Mike P', my dell has only two slots as well. There are several laptops that have four (4) ram slots. Lenovo, ASUS, some HP's and some dell's. I would suggest going to a website like newegg.com, or other computer accessory place,
    and looking at their memory/ram selections. Reading their details should provide some insight as to the number of slots.

Of course, if your budget allows, the more ram you have, the better the laptop will be.

I hope this helps.

Derek

DerekW USA, Oct 11, 2021
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Ram slot

My laptop only has two ram slots - some laptops have two slots under the keyboard and two under a base panel. Might check the manufacturers site for the user manual. Or visit crucial.com or Kingston.com, both have online scanners that should be accurate.

Ram slot cause laptop freezing 1a1ef43c-5dee-43a8-a702-549c9a8cbd8f.jpg

'Mike P, Oct 11, 2021
  4. rinjo Win User

System not detecting slot 1 with 4GB RAM.

I found the reason why the RAM in the other slot is not getting detected.
    In laptop RAM slots the pins on the bottom connector are a little curved so that it can push the RAM to make contact with the pins on the top connector when we press-fit the RAM in its place. The fit is such that the RAM is held in place with all 204 pins in contact.
    In my laptop, the pins on the second slot are not having enough curvature on the bottom pins. Hence, when I place the RAM in the slot and press it down, the pins never get connected to the top connector. Moreover the connection is so loose that I can easily slide the RAM out of place even after press-fitting it. So, the RAM is never detected! *Sad

Unfortunately my laptop is long out of warranty and nothing will be done by the OEM.
    The only way I can now upgrade is to put an 8 GB RAM in the slot which is working fine (easier way) or get the RAM connectors changed.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

--

rinjo, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Ram slot cause laptop freezing - Similar Threads - Ram slot cause

2. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need help with ram slots: so i have 4 slots 2 black 2 gray one black is A1 the next gray is A2 then same color order but B1and B2 im using 2 sticks 16gb should they both be in A1 and A2 or what order??...
  3. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with ram slots: so i have 4 slots 2 black 2 gray one black is A1 the next gray is A2 then same color order but B1and B2 im using 2 sticks 16gb should they both be in A1 and A2 or what order??...
  4. Ram slot cause laptop freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram slot cause laptop freezing: i have acer nitro-5 laptop that i bought a year ago. recently i started noticing that windows always freezes at startup, weather its shut down or even in sleep mode, once i open the laptop, the screen freeze. i have two slots 16 GB rams i removed one of the rams and the pc...
  5. Ram slot cause laptop freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram slot cause laptop freezing: i have acer nitro-5 laptop that i bought a year ago. recently i started noticing that windows always freezes at startup, weather its shut down or even in sleep mode, once i open the laptop, the screen freeze. i have two slots 16 GB rams i removed one of the rams and the pc...
  6. RAM memory slots not working !!!

RAM memory slots not working !!!: After replacing the paste on the processor, the RAM slots do not work. I had 4 busy, at the moment I have 1 and 3 busy, I put the memory in slots 2 and 4. It causes that the computer does not start and after a few seconds, reset itself. Can I fix it somehow? 182999
  7. Incorrect number of RAM slots

Incorrect number of RAM slots: Task manger incorrectly displays number of RAM slots used as 2 of 4. I have a Aorus X570 mini itx motherboard that definitely only has two slots. I think this only occurred after updating to windows 10 1909 to 2004. Could this be a BIOS issue?...
  8. Ram 4 slot Question

Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  9. Ram 4 slot Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  10. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...