Windows 10: RAM Speed Became Slow

Discus and support RAM Speed Became Slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having a new problem with my ram. I have 1 8gb module. I had to open my case today to check and see if I have enough room for a new piece of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brucex64, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Brucex64 Win User

RAM Speed Became Slow

I'm having a new problem with my ram. I have 1 8gb module. I had to open my case today to check and see if I have enough room for a new piece of hardware. I took the ram out of slot 1 and put it in slot 3 to measure, and then put it back. It was always in DIMM 1 ever since I built it. Now its back there. So when I buttoned everything up and powered on, my computer was slow. Real sluggish. First I thought I had a bad internet connection but I checked the ram speed and see that its operating at 667mhz! (Which is really 1333). THe ram should be 1600mhz. So I went into the BIOS and the xmp profile was disabled; it showed ram speed of 1333 but when I enabled the xmp, it showed 1600 in the 2nd column. Clicked save & exit, and back in Windows it is still 1333! At least that's what I can tell from an application called Speccy that I use to get system info.

It shows DDR3, 8gb PC3-10700, 665mhz freq, 9-9-9-24. It is Kingston KHX1600C10D3.

How do I fix it?

:)

Brucex64, Mar 24, 2020

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

RAM Speed Became Slow

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

RAM Speed Became Slow

1. RAM Speed Became Slow - Similar Threads - RAM Speed Became

2. error in RAM speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error in RAM speed: Hi there...I have an MSI laptop according to the specifications in the picture below My device supports two RAM slots at a frequency of 3200 MHz But Windows only reads the maximum speed up to 2933MHz Why did I lose my original 3200 speed?specifications>>>specifications of...
  3. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  4. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  5. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. PC became slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC became slow: 1st problem is that when ever i boot up it stays on black screen for about 2minutes or 1minute then it start normal boot up. before putting pw. 2nd one is the microsoft store does not work after i reset it i tried all things that was said on other same questions as mine but...
  7. Ram Speeds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Speeds: I'm looking to upgrade my laptop ram, and while figuring out what frequency ram I need, I'm getting 2 different ram speeds from CMD and Task Manager. Which is the right ram speed? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My laptop is ASUS FX505-DY, with 8gb ram...
  8. Ram speed issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram speed issue: Hi. I just did an upgrade, replaced 2400Mhz 8gb for 3000Mhz 16Gb ddr4 However, task manager displays only 2133Mhz. Cpu-Z shows 1064Mhz as ram speed? What is going on? I've heard about task manager bug, but cpu-z should show correct value, right? Please, help. You're my only...
  9. Half speed RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half speed RAM: Helo, so I have a new laptop with 2x DDR4 2400MHz, but CPU-Z says that I have NB Frequency of 600MHz and DRAM Frequncy of 400MHz. Is this Ok ? This would make my RAM half speed. submitted by /u/krystofdzoba [link] [comments]...
  10. RAM GB or Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM GB or Speed: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit RAM Which is better 16 GB At 3000 MHz Or 32 GB at 2133 MHz? 100968