Windows 10: Ram stick goes bad after reinstalling windows everytime.

Discus and support Ram stick goes bad after reinstalling windows everytime. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've had to reinstall windows twice now. Everytime, a ram stick of mine seems to go bad. Is there a reason for this? Is there a workaround where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deathismario, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Ram stick goes bad after reinstalling windows everytime.

Hello, I've had to reinstall windows twice now. Everytime, a ram stick of mine seems to go bad. Is there a reason for this? Is there a workaround where it's windows 10's fault, or is it just coincidence?

submitted by /u/Deathismario
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deathismario, Oct 30, 2020

2. Is it a bad idea to have two ram sticks from two different brands?

May i ask why you didn't run the Crucial scanner so you know if your RAM is spec'd correctly. Having correctly spec'd RAM is that most basic thing one should do. We don't just swap in random RAM sticks, which is reckless.

I took my time to write out the steps that would resolve this for you. May I ask why you ignored them as thought I hadn't written a word? Those steps would help you determine for sure the RAM specs, whether it's working, how to clean and prepare sticks that
    are dirty or corroded.

This is an interactive process, we give steps to try so you can try them and report back results. I gave you what needs to be done, based on helping in thousands of similar cases for ten years daily in forums, during which I have won the highest award in the
    tech field every single year.

Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step. If you need help performing any step I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    2 Ram Sticks

A PC will not boot without the ATX 12V. Your seeing the fans spinning. Its not a boot as you described no image on monitor.

Also you need to list ALL you hardware.

Its ether bad ram, bad slot or bad PSU

Run Memtest *Bang Head :banghead:

Jetster, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Amc101803 Win User

Ram stick goes bad after reinstalling windows everytime.

Can 2 diffrent ram sticks slow down my fps/make game lag?

Okay so i have 2 diffrent sticks of ram , on is a 4gb stick
    1st stick of ram Team Elite Plus 4GB (black)
    • DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    • Timing 11-11-11-28
    • Cas Latency 11
    • Voltage 1.5V
    • =========================================================
    • This is the Other stick of ram
    • DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
    • Timing 9-9-9-24
    • Cas Latency 9
    • Voltage 1.5V
    • Do you think why this could be exactly why my fps is dropping in games? gpu is not high temp neither is cpu cpu never goes over 98% gpu when playing overwatch never goes over 60% Usage i have just ordered Dual Channel Kit HyperxFury 16gb 1600 MHZ ram. I was wondering if you guys think this could be exactly why i was having fps drops. I also had a BSOD PageFile error just a few days ago.....
    (Not with my new ram) My spec's are:
    • Processor: I5 4690K
    • GPU : GTX 950 Super Clocked
    • PSU : corsair GS600W
    • ram (about too be hyperxfury 16gb) right now it is just 8 gb right now.
    • I said my ram spec's for both sticks at the very top of the page

Amc101803, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Ram stick goes bad after reinstalling windows everytime.

1. Ram stick goes bad after reinstalling windows everytime. - Similar Threads - Ram stick goes

2. BSOD after removing bad RAM and reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after removing bad RAM and reinstalling windows: Hi,I recently got a new computer about a week ago.It was working well for a little while and then I got constant BSODs of various types, mostly memory management, and other issues like Chrome or Firefox crashing.I ran memtest86 and found that one of the RAM modules was bad.I...
  3. BSOD after removing bad RAM and reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after removing bad RAM and reinstalling windows: Hi,I recently got a new computer about a week ago.It was working well for a little while and then I got constant BSODs of various types, mostly memory management, and other issues like Chrome or Firefox crashing.I ran memtest86 and found that one of the RAM modules was bad.I...
  4. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  5. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  6. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer Randomly Restarts. Possible Cause Bad Ram Sticks or Ram Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Randomly Restarts. Possible Cause Bad Ram Sticks or Ram Module: Hello All, My new computer restarts randomly. I followed some steps online which did not work. I came across using Memtest86+ to check for faulty rams. I have completed the test and found 900+ errors in 1 Pass. I also happen to enable driver verification to be able to get...
  8. memory (ram sticks)

memory (ram sticks): im going to ask this the best way I can, people are getting confused when I ask this, im getting a gaming computer going it has 4 ram slots, I have 4 ddr3 two of them are 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHZ1.50v the other two I want to use are patriot signature line 8GB(2x4GB kit) DDR3 UDIMM...
  9. RAM Sticks Question

RAM Sticks Question: So, I've got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I'm currently using Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 mhz PC2 6400 (240 pin) RAM sticks. I want to change the RAM I have and upgrade to 16GB (4 x 4GB sticks) but for some reason all I see is AMD-only RAM. My motherboard has an Intel...
  10. RAM stick gone bad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM stick gone bad?: Recently switched to SSD and since then I am getting regular BSOD, says Memory Management issue. Attached is the log if anybody can help me figure out. Thanks in advance. 121480