Windows 10: RAM Sticks Question

Discus and support RAM Sticks Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I've got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I'm currently using Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 mhz PC2 6400 (240 pin) RAM sticks. I want to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hotsuma, May 16, 2019.

1. Hotsuma Win User

RAM Sticks Question

So, I've got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I'm currently using Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 mhz PC2 6400 (240 pin) RAM sticks. I want to change the RAM I have and upgrade to 16GB (4 x 4GB sticks) but for some reason all I see is AMD-only RAM. My motherboard has an Intel chipset so I'm not sure if the AMD RAM will work even though the specs are just right for my board. Should I get the AMD RAM sticks or keep looking for Intel RAM?

:)

Hotsuma, May 16, 2019

2. Vintage: Acer Aspire One 722 {Ram Questions}

Hi Captain.

While I'm not answering your question on a new AV I would suggest as a possible step, upgrading your ram.

Crucial has ram for your device. $40 (not sure about tax or shipping) Your device seems to have one slot so you would need the 4GB stick. As you are using 32bit OS you can only use of 3GB. Crucial says you have one slot for memory and tear down videos seem to confirm this.

Here is the Crucial Link. Confirm for yourself that this is the right device. (Acer Aspire One 722-0022)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...e-one-722-0022

Then here are the step by steps to replace.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+As...lacement/53216

Memory is static sensitive. Not as much of an issue when it is humid but still something to be aware of. If you don't want to buy a ground strap touch something that is grounded before starting the procedure and then don't go looking for things. Stay seated and perform. You should be fine.

External ram ??? Even if you could buy you wouldn't have port with sufficient speed to connect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 16, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 16, 2019
  4. RAM Sticks Question

RAM - 2 sticks vs 4?

I am looking at some DDR2 1066 RAM and was wondering which configuration would preform the best with the quad core in my specs - two sticks of 2 GB totaling 4 GB or four 1 GB sticks? The machine is question is used for music production and gaming.

Also, another question, if the RAM I install is not listed on ASRock's website as being compatible with my mainboard is there any real risk of system instability?

beyond_amusia, May 16, 2019
Thema:

RAM Sticks Question

1. RAM Sticks Question - Similar Threads - RAM Sticks Question

2. Defective ram stick removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective ram stick removed: Hello, i have problems with my computer.I have removed two defects sticks of RAM of my computer making it to 64go to 32go. I have ryzen 9 3900x with 3090 and my Computer is still running slow.Can someone help me out. Thanks...
  3. Defective ram stick removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defective ram stick removed: Hello, i have problems with my computer.I have removed two defects sticks of RAM of my computer making it to 64go to 32go. I have ryzen 9 3900x with 3090 and my Computer is still running slow.Can someone help me out. Thanks...
  4. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  5. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram Stick: Hi i just wanna ask question about my ram here is the problem my computer will stuck at login and get random bsod and freeze when i put both of my ram and my second ram is the suspect,Ive already use memtest and they all pass can i ask what the problem and should i buy a new...
  6. Ram Stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. RAM question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM question.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jack_ivey1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7zrn6/ram_question/
  8. memory (ram sticks)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    memory (ram sticks): im going to ask this the best way I can, people are getting confused when I ask this, im getting a gaming computer going it has 4 ram slots, I have 4 ddr3 two of them are 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHZ1.50v the other two I want to use are patriot signature line 8GB(2x4GB kit) DDR3 UDIMM...
  9. RAM Question - "Filling Up" a Memory Stick

RAM Question - "Filling Up" a Memory Stick: Hi. I have a question about random access memory (RAM) I was hoping to get an answer to so that I can get a better understanding on how it actually works. I tried searching around a bit, but my question didn't really get brought up, or if it did it was in these very tehnical...
  10. Question on RAM

Question on RAM: I have a HP Pavilion G7 1268 us Notebook with 8 GB of RAM and am replacing it with a HP 15-f233wn Notebook. I would like to take 4GB of RAM from the G7 1268 and putting it in the 15-f233. I’m not sure if it will work. Thanks, Frank 70494