Windows 10: ram unusable

Discus and support ram unusable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my pc has 8gb of ram installed, but it says that only 5.90gb is usable. what does this mean and how can i fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RossValentine1, May 12, 2020.

1. ram unusable

my pc has 8gb of ram installed, but it says that only 5.90gb is usable. what does this mean and how can i fix it?

:)

RossValentine1, May 12, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 12, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin ram unusable :D

DrunkenMafia, May 12, 2020
  4. BullGod Win User

ram unusable

List of Micron D9 RAM: Request sticky.

Maybe now you see those Rams I suggested to buy for your rig. They are at the top of the list there...

BullGod, May 12, 2020
Thema:

ram unusable

1. ram unusable - Similar Threads - ram unusable

2. Windows not making use of RAM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not making use of RAM.: So, I had an older laptop where the RAM inside would use a lot of battery. To remedy this, I changed a setting that would reduce the amount of RAM available when the laptop was on a battery. Eventually, due to SSD corruption, the computer wouldn't boot, so I transferred all...
  3. Windows not making use of RAM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not making use of RAM.: So, I had an older laptop where the RAM inside would use a lot of battery. To remedy this, I changed a setting that would reduce the amount of RAM available when the laptop was on a battery. Eventually, due to SSD corruption, the computer wouldn't boot, so I transferred all...
  4. Can minidump files tell you if your pc is crashing from bad ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can minidump files tell you if your pc is crashing from bad ram?: Pc crashing frequently. Can’t determine if it’s gpu, psu, or ram failure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-minidump-files-tell-you-if-your-pc-is-crashing/6c2122d0-b5e8-44ff-8bfc-c3f14761d2b4
  5. Can minidump files tell you if your pc is crashing from bad ram?

Can minidump files tell you if your pc is crashing from bad ram?: Pc crashing frequently. Can’t determine if it’s gpu, psu, or ram failure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-minidump-files-tell-you-if-your-pc-is-crashing/6c2122d0-b5e8-44ff-8bfc-c3f14761d2b4
  6. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  7. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  8. Windows doesn't flush Unused memory, making it reach 90% of my RAM as active memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows doesn't flush Unused memory, making it reach 90% of my RAM as active memory: Today my computer is using an abnormal amount of memory around an average of 90%, and neither the Resource Monitor nor Task Manager show enough usage to justify this consumption.When I install Sysinternals and use RAMmap, I see this:I'm not an expert, but I think the memory...
  9. Unusable RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unusable RAM: I have Win 10 pro and Firefox browser. In my "Settings" I show 16.0 GB of RAM but only 3.25 usable. Why is this and, more importantly, how can I fix it to use the full RAM capacity?...
  10. Lots of Ram unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lots of Ram unusable: I recently put a new 8gb stick of ram in my computer. I wasn't accustomed to the process unfortunately, however when I got the computer to "show" the ram I checked via the about in settings on windows 10 it did say 11gb the number it was supposed to be however the usable...