Windows 10: Ram Upgrade thoughts

Discus and support Ram Upgrade thoughts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thomaseg1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

Ram Upgrade thoughts

Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around.
    1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today?

Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips?
    8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc.
    Are speeds that important?

Thanks for your thoughts

:)

thomaseg1, Jul 19, 2019
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Ram Upgrade thoughts

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Ram Upgrade thoughts

1. Ram Upgrade thoughts - Similar Threads - Ram Upgrade thoughts

2. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM Upgrade: So before I do a fresh reinstall of Windows OS I have to buy a new sodimm RAM for my laptop. Currently my laptop is old and runs on 4GB 1866 of DDR4. I want to buy a new RAM but I do not know if my laptop can support 2400mhz 8GB RAM ddr4. Please help. I need to know if my...
  3. Upgrading RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading RAM: When I run:wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevicesI get:Max Capacity 33554432 MemoryDevices 2Would it be pointless for me to upgrade my RAM to 64GB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-ram/d042cf58-9743-458b-a3c0-649b898e6406
  4. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RAM Upgrade: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 3277 AIO series desktop. I would like to increase the RAM from 4 gb to 8 Gb. I do not know much about computers. So please tell me in lamest terms how to do this. I searched on this website and it recommended the Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMMCrucial...
  5. Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Upgrade: Hi,So i have a old laptop with 2gb ram and intel pentium p6100 processor i cant buy a new pc but i also want windows 10 on my pc so is upgrading 2gb ram to 4gb ram goodplease reply thank youu...
  6. RAM upgrade

RAM upgrade: Purchased some new DDR3 RAM with higher frequency but it won't run intended frequency with either XMP profile. My current RAM (see specs in profile) runs just fine using the XMP profile. I cleared the CMOS prior to installing the new RAM. Any suggestions? I even tried using...
  7. Ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram upgrade: Hi, I owe a Asus tuff fx505GD laptop which has 8gb ram and i would like to add another 8gb in total but im not sure how to buy a new ram stick that is compatible to my laptop. Could someone help me out here !! submitted by /u/rex_divakar [link] [comments]...
  8. Ram Upgrade thoughts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  9. RAM Upgrade

RAM Upgrade: I have an XPS 8930 I bought directly from Dell., Windows 10 Pro x64-based system with 64GB of RAM. i7-8700K@3.70GHz 3696Mhz. I would like to add addtional RAM According to Dell this computer is maxed out and will not support any additional RAM. Is this true? Can anyone...
  10. Thoughts on Intel integrated ram share limit 1.67gb

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Thoughts on Intel integrated ram share limit 1.67gb: Using a Toshiba laptop with no Bios option for video ram buffer limit. 1.67gb seems to be the limit. Couple things running I'm literally only using 16% of 16gbs. I was in a configuration menu that showed the buffers address values to the shared ram but it does not look...