Windows 10: RAM upgrade

Discus and support RAM upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Purchased some new DDR3 RAM with higher frequency but it won't run intended frequency with either XMP profile. My current RAM (see specs in profile)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by udidwht, Nov 13, 2020.

1. udidwht Win User

RAM upgrade

Purchased some new DDR3 RAM with higher frequency but it won't run intended frequency with either XMP profile. My current RAM (see specs in profile) runs just fine using the XMP profile. I cleared the CMOS prior to installing the new RAM. Any suggestions? I even tried using just 2 sticks.

New RAM is G-Skill F3-2133C9Q-32GXH (Cl9-11-11-31) PC3-1700 8Gx4

See system spec in profile for full specs.

:)

udidwht, Nov 13, 2020

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 13, 2020
  4. RAM upgrade

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin RAM upgrade :D

DrunkenMafia, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

RAM upgrade

1. RAM upgrade - Similar Threads - RAM upgrade

2. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  3. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  4. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  6. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  7. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

8. Can my asus x515ma with a 4gb ram intel celeron handle an upgrade to 20gb ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my asus x515ma with a 4gb ram intel celeron handle an upgrade to 20gb ram: Can my asus x515ma with a 4gb ram intel celeron handle an upgrade to 20gb ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-my-asus-x515ma-with-a-4gb-ram-intel-celeron/460d2f8b-cdb6-48e5-a6f9-64a5c405f8db
  9. Can my asus x515ma with a 4gb ram intel celeron handle an upgrade to 20gb ram

Can my asus x515ma with a 4gb ram intel celeron handle an upgrade to 20gb ram: Can my asus x515ma with a 4gb ram intel celeron handle an upgrade to 20gb ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-my-asus-x515ma-with-a-4gb-ram-intel-celeron/460d2f8b-cdb6-48e5-a6f9-64a5c405f8db
  10. Can my asus x515ma with a 4gb ram intel celeron handle an upgrade to 20gb ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade