Windows 10: RAM usage 50% cap

Discus and support RAM usage 50% cap in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my pc and everything was fine until I realized that my RAM usage was capped at 50%. Well, kind of. It goes over 50% sometimes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dzorua151, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Dzorua151 Win User

RAM usage 50% cap

I recently upgraded my pc and everything was fine until I realized that my RAM usage was capped at 50%. Well, kind of. It goes over 50% sometimes and then will instantly break every tab. I've contacted GIGABYTE, my motherboard, and checked many forums with no result. I'm hoping other people will know what my problem is.

Specs:

64x Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor

8GB DDR4 RAM Patriot

GTX 1650 TI Zotac Gaming

450W Power Supply

If there are any specs I've missed please ask

:)

Dzorua151, Apr 18, 2021

2. RAM usage 50±% on idle.

Hello, my laptop uses around 50% RAM usage when its not doing anything.

I'd like to have this fixed.

ThijmenGrootswagers, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Apr 18, 2021
  4. RAM usage 50% cap

cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

Hi Experts,

I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing.

recently upgraded to window 10 1093.

since then i am having issues with my pc.

When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rithvik Rai

rithvikrai, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

RAM usage 50% cap

1. RAM usage 50% cap - Similar Threads - RAM usage 50%

2. My Ram is capped at 50%, other suggestions have failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ram is capped at 50%, other suggestions have failed: My RAM is capped at 50% and causes an insane amount of lag when i approach or go over it.OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor, 4701 Mhz, 12 Cores, 24 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product: MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI MS-7D75 Installed...
  3. 50% RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    50% RAM usage: I have a page open on Edge and 50% of my memory is used ... but how is that possible?I have 16 gb of RAMCome on guys, this can't be normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/50-ram-usage/20fabded-1b35-42ee-bfa4-b9464af2d844
  4. 50% RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    50% RAM usage: I have a page open on Edge and 50% of my memory is used ... but how is that possible?I have 16 gb of RAMCome on guys, this can't be normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/50-ram-usage/20fabded-1b35-42ee-bfa4-b9464af2d844
  5. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  6. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  7. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  8. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  9. Glitches at 50% RAM usage, no memory errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Glitches at 50% RAM usage, no memory errors: Lately, whenever my computer reaches 50% memory usage (8/16GB), I will get all kinds of glitchieness and application crashes. I'm running a game and a web browser simultaneously. I've booted the computer with both sticks individually, and run the windows memory test, as well...
  10. RAM usage never exceeds 50%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM usage never exceeds 50%: I've posted about this twice in r/photoshop and I'll link those two at the bottom just in case you want extra info. I'm running 64 bit versions of all programs in question. My system can see that I have 16gb of RAM available. I noticed this problem when Ps was running way...