Windows 10: RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running

Discus and support RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since. As the title states I have extremely high ram usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Laharan, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Laharan Win User

RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running

I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since.

As the title states I have extremely high ram usage when nothing is being run.

RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running [​IMG]

I have pictures of my process monitor filtered by memory, resource monitor on memory, and my ram usage from the task manager.

I built the PC myself 5 or 6 years ago and never had a problem with it until now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Laharan, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Laharan Win User

I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since.

As the title states I have extremely high ram usage when nothing is being run.

I have pictures of my process monitor filtered by memory, resource monitor on memory, and my ram usage from the task manager.

I built the PC myself 5 or 6 years ago and never had a problem with it until now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Laharan, Mar 22, 2020
  3. High ram usage.

Hi. For some reason,90% of my ram is being used when idle. I don't know why it is like this. Usually it is at 20% at idle but now it is at 90% usage. The System hosts seem to be using the most ram. Is there any way I can fix this.

My PC Specs:

CPU: Amd Athlon x4 860k

GPU: GTX 750 Ti FTW

RAM: 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

MichaelMI456, Mar 22, 2020
  4. TheViper Win User

high ram usage

but when i run games that uses 1gb or more ram my ram usage becomes 90-96 and the computer starts lagging.

TheViper, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

1. RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running - Similar Threads - RAM usage 90%+

2. RAM usage goes up to 35-40% when basically nothing is running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage goes up to 35-40% when basically nothing is running.: Hi, I have AMD gaming laptop 7735H, 7600S, 16 RAM and when I just turn it on RAM is up to 35-40% and when I'm gaming it reaches 65-70% I don't know why, I recently bought the laptop and also I reinstalled Windows like a few days ago but the RAM problem has been the same for a...
  3. RAM usage goes up to 35-40% when basically nothing is running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage goes up to 35-40% when basically nothing is running.: Hi, I have AMD gaming laptop 7735H, 7600S, 16 RAM and when I just turn it on RAM is up to 35-40% and when I'm gaming it reaches 65-70% I don't know why, I recently bought the laptop and also I reinstalled Windows like a few days ago but the RAM problem has been the same for a...
  4. High RAM usage by nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage by nothing.: So I noticed abnormally high RAM usage a while ago. I had turned off the antivirus, so I turned it back on and had it scan, which found nothing. I looked online and tried everything I found. Nothing worked. I completely wiped and reset the computer, no personal files saved....
  5. High RAM usage by nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM usage by nothing.: So I noticed abnormally high RAM usage a while ago. I had turned off the antivirus, so I turned it back on and had it scan, which found nothing. I looked online and tried everything I found. Nothing worked. I completely wiped and reset the computer, no personal files saved....
  6. Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running?

in Windows 10 News
    Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running?: [ATTACH]If you are not running any apps while your Task Manager continuously shows that you use more than 70% of your RAM, then your PC has a high Memory/RAM usage issue. Ideally, it is normal to observe 30-40% RAM usage on your PC when nothing is running as this amount of...
  7. RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running: I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since. As the title states I have extremely high ram usage when nothing is being run. [img] [img] [img] I have pictures of my process monitor filtered by memory, resource...
  8. 90% + RAM Usage on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    90% + RAM Usage on boot: Hey Folks, Pretty much out of ideas when it comes to fixing this issue. I require my PC for my job as I'm a full time streamer but having my memory locked at 99% all the time is making my content unwatchable. I've tried to find fixes for Win 10 mem leak but all the forum...
  9. High ram usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High ram usage with nothing running: I built a new pc a week ago and today it started lagging like crazy and i noticed insane ram usage at first it was 99% with nothing showing too big of a usage: here's the screenshot and then i restarted pc and i found a solution online that disabling ndu.sys in registry fixes...
  10. 90% RAM usage while nothing is open

in Windows 10 Support
    90% RAM usage while nothing is open: I just upgraded from windows 7 and I haven't installed any extra programs and I have done a full virus scan with Malwarebytes however windows 10 sits on 90% RAM usage allot of the time, can someone help me please??! screenshot \/ Screenshot -...