Windows 10: RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory

Discus and support RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After continued "Low Memory" errors causing programs to close, I ran a program called RamMap that told me 3.4 GB of my memory is being locked up by a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lbprouty, Jun 25, 2017.

1. lbprouty Win User

RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory

After continued "Low Memory" errors causing programs to close, I ran a program called RamMap that told me 3.4 GB of my memory is being locked up by a Driver. I have 8GB of Ram and loads of hard drive space. Does anyone know how to unlock this memory? It's being hijacked and I can't find a fix for it. I've read about it possibly being Hyper-V or VM, but I have no idea what those things are. Do you know?

:)

lbprouty, Jun 25, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

RAM Usage - "Driver Locked" hijacked 3 GB of my memory - looking for a fix

Can you post a screenshot of Task Manager showing the Performance tab and select memory. You may have to select More details first. (bottom left corner)

neilpzz, Jun 25, 2017
  3. lbprouty Win User
    RAM Usage - "Driver Locked" hijacked 3 GB of my memory - looking for a fix

After continued "Low Memory" errors causing programs to close, I ran a program called RamMap that told me 3.4 GB of my memory is being
    locked up by a
    Driver. I have 8GB of Ram and loads of hard drive space, Windows 10. Does anyone know how to unlock this memory? It's being hijacked and I can't find
    a fix for it. I've read about it possibly being Hyper-V or VM, but I have no idea what those things are. Do you know? Can you help me please?

lbprouty, Jun 25, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

The memory I don't know how to unlock but I am interested in your problem and I may be able to reduce your memory consumption.

Click win + r (simultaneously)
    type: control
    click system and security
    click system
    Using the snipping tool make an image of the ram and processor speed displayed and post into the thread.

In the left lower corner search type: msconfig
    In the system configuration pop up click on the boot tab
    Click advanced options
    Using the snipping tool make an image and post into the thread.

Placing your computer in clean boot or selective boot as compared to normal boot will improve all of the numbers in task manager (cpu, ram, disk)

This is the method for clean boot:

1) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

2) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

3) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

When in clean boot all bloatware is off on boot. When you want to use an application it will then take a little time to load. If there are one or two applications that you use all the time then you can change clean boot to selective boot by using msconfig to check the non-Microsoft service.

The selective boot should give you optimal performance.

When the images are posted I'll take a look at them. There is one more image that I may have you post from device manger.

zbook, Jun 25, 2017
  5. lbprouty Win User
    Thank you so much! Both snips attached below. I will be trying the clean boot this afternoon. Looking forward to hearing back on your thoughts.

*Smile Lori

RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory [​IMG]

lbprouty, Jun 26, 2017
  6. lbprouty Win User
    Hi again - I finished the clean boot and although it did reduce the memory usage, it's still at 58%. Here is a snip of the Task Mgr after the clean boot. Thanks for your help. Any ideas?

lbprouty, Jun 26, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Download and install the Windows performance recorder.
    Launch it with administrative command prompt: wprui.exe
    See this link for more information:
    Windows performance recorder - Microsoft Community
    When you are having problems you click start and make a light recording. Then you can post a share link.
    The challenge will be learning how to analyze the recordings or finding some capable of reading/analyzing them.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory - Similar Threads - RAM Usage Driver

2. High memory RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  5. Why is my memory go to 3 gb to 131 gb???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my memory go to 3 gb to 131 gb???: After 2 days later, I checked the memory then I see "Apps & features" now go to 3 gb to 131 gb! How do i fix this???This is the proof: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-memory-go-to-3-gb-to-131-gb/18279199-5113-4fbf-80b9-9bea9548a7ea
  6. Why is my memory go to 3 gb to 131 gb???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my memory go to 3 gb to 131 gb???: After 2 days later, I checked the memory then I see "Apps & features" now go to 3 gb to 131 gb! How do i fix this??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-memory-go-to-3-gb-to-131-gb/18279199-5113-4fbf-80b9-9bea9548a7ea
  7. Why is my memory go to 3 gb to 131 gb???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my memory go to 3 gb to 131 gb???: After 2 days later, I checked the memory then I see "Apps & features" now go to 3 gb to 131 gb! How do i fix this??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-memory-go-to-3-gb-to-131-gb/18279199-5113-4fbf-80b9-9bea9548a7ea
  8. 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.: Hi here's my specs first off: MPG X570 MSI Gaming Plus Motherboard 2x8 GB Patriot Viper 3000mhz RAM sticks AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 6 core processor GeForce EVGA RTX graphics card CX750M PSU Corsair USB 3.1 Gen 2 PCIe Allegro Captain 240RGB V2 CPU Cooler My problem: I...
  9. "Driver locked" RAM usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Driver locked" RAM usage: I have to think that I do need not every driver that is loaded. Request information for reducing usage. Win 10 1909. WU incl drivers. 158385
  10. Computer 28 gb of ram usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer 28 gb of ram usage.: This happen when I installed windows 10. I never had in windows 8.1 ram usage of 28. Now with windows 10 after booting up computer I always have problems with RAM. In windows 8.1 my computer maximum used 16gb of ram when I was playing 2 games. In windows 10 - after boot,...