Windows 10: RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

Discus and support RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed that one of my games was crashing on startup, so I started tracking down the issue. Then, I realized that my PC uses 4 GB of RAM when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kelvin Bouma, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:07 PM.

1. RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

Hi,

I noticed that one of my games was crashing on startup, so I started tracking down the issue. Then, I realized that my PC uses 4 GB of RAM when it's idling. However, when I go to task manager and then to "users", I can see that my user account is only using 1.5 GB of RAM. This is a serious problem and I would like to know how to resolve this issue.
    Thanks in advance.

-Kelvin Bouma

:)

Kelvin Bouma, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:07 PM
  2. AnthonyTraber, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:10 PM
  3. lxdiamond Win User
    High RAM Usage in Win10

Thanks alot for your answers:
    @PolarNettles: yes I have a Gigabyte Z170x Gaming-3 Mainboard with Killer E2200 ethernet controller. Are there known issues with this controller?
    @Spectrum: I downloaded the program and got this screen

RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable [​IMG]
    is this of some use for you?

@AddRAM: RAMMap did nothing as I emptied all the lists. At first boot RAM usage is normal, but when I work or play some time it kinda stacks up the RAM. Snip of the resource monitor

RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable [​IMG]

4. RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

High ram usage with no programs

Hey thank you but I was asking about the high ram usage

redfinger8127536, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:10 PM
Thema:

RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

1. RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable - Similar Threads - RAM usage extremely

2. High ram Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram Usage: Hi, my computer is using 6 to 7 GB of ram on idle. I have 32 GB installed on my laptop. Any suggestion? submitted by /u/gauravsood1991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dubdln/high_ram_usage/
  3. High RAM usage issue.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High RAM usage issue.: Starting a couple months back, I noticed my surface pro 4 was considerably slower and would need to reload webpages a lot more frequently and stuff like that. I suspected there would be some issues with the RAM so I checked the resources monitor a noticed of 50% do the RAM...
  4. High RAM usage issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High RAM usage issue.: Starting a couple months back, I noticed my surface pro 4 was considerably slower and would need to reload webpages a lot more frequently and stuff like that. I suspected there would be some issues with the RAM so I checked the resources monitor a noticed of 50% do the RAM...
  5. High RAM usage issue.

in Windows 10 Support
  6. desktop window manager extremely high ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    desktop window manager extremely high ram usage: I am have the same issue that is described here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-window-manager-extremely-high-ram-usage/de72f8b4-8128-485b-bdf9-5e3589e66e85 I will post the capture...
  7. Win10 high RAM Usage

Win10 high RAM Usage: So i installed win10 a day or so ago and i seem to have ram problems, it tends to go up to 90%+ without anything substantial open Screenshot - 590b77727f3fcb3cc710babc4774fdc8 - Gyazo if someone could help or if i need more info let me know 11487
  8. High RAM Usage in Win10

High RAM Usage in Win10: Hi I stumbled upon this weird behaviour in Win10, where I have only a few programs open, but memory usage is extraordinarily high. (pictures given) It looks like windows does not clear the RAM after I close programs? How can I fix this? Thanks for all tipps and...
  9. high ram usage

high ram usage: most of the time i have ram usage like 40-60, but all of the processes are using like 400 mb and i have 4gb ram. [img] [img] [img] 21560
  10. High RAM usage

High RAM usage: I am not sure why windows is taking 6.4GB of memory I have only chrome running with four tabs opened. [img] [img] [img] 51057