Windows 10: RAM usage idling at 40% Windows 10

Discus and support RAM usage idling at 40% Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've got 8GB of RAM, noticed I'm idling at 40% just on the desktop, no applications open, other than task manager. This is a problem because in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeHill4, Mar 30, 2020.

1. JoeHill4 Win User

RAM usage idling at 40% Windows 10

Hi,

I've got 8GB of RAM, noticed I'm idling at 40% just on the desktop, no applications open, other than task manager.

This is a problem because in games this then reaches 90-100% which is causing lagging.

I've followed a load of advice online - modifying 'start' value to 4, disabling SysMain, even reinstalling Windows - nothing's worked.

I don't really want to spend £40 on another 8GB just to play the 3 games I use, which shouldn't be that memory intensive anyway.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

:)

JoeHill4, Mar 30, 2020
  2. worf105 Win User

Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

My system uses around 1.6 GB while at idle.

worf105, Mar 30, 2020
  3. JOGAN Win User
    Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

RAM usage idling at 40% Windows 10 [​IMG]

I'm wondering if my idle ram is normal for Windows 10. It's using about 1.2-1.5GB on idle without any programs running.

On Windows 8 it my idle usage was 900MB - 1.1GB with no programs running and with all the same programs installed.

So is that a normal amount for windows 10? Does W10 just utilise more ram?

How much memory is windows 10 using for you?

JOGAN, Mar 30, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

"ram usage at idle is 60%"

- Not a fix for your unknown RAM use (Greg's suggestions should help with that), and this only adds up to a bit under 1GB use but...

A system is not at idle with around eight Chrome browser Windows and tabs open.

Discord, and two active searches. Not to mention a system hogging 'Anti-malware' program.

Desktop Window Manager is using more than usual as well.

- It looks like you have a bit of DELL bloatware running too.

- What is the RAM use straight after re-booting Windows ?

BossDweeb, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. RAM usage idling at 40% Windows 10 - Similar Threads - RAM usage idling

2. 45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram: Hello, I built my PC this week and I'm already having this issue of high ram usage, any fix I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/45-ram-usage-on-idle-with-32gb-of-ram/f78ce375-ea1f-49a8-bca2-4b84d9ace324
  3. 45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    45% ram usage on idle with 32GB of ram: Hello, I built my PC this week and I'm already having this issue of high ram usage, any fix I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/45-ram-usage-on-idle-with-32gb-of-ram/f78ce375-ea1f-49a8-bca2-4b84d9ace324
  4. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  5. High Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Idle RAM Usage: windows is using high amounts of ram while not running any other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-idle-ram-usage/31b4a1e2-4389-4f06-80ae-91411ee92efa
  6. High ram usage when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High ram usage when idle: Hello , I have been facing this problem for a while now .My ram usage is up to 4 gb even when no apps are running I have run scans on windows defender and Malware Bytes but nothing shows up , PC specs and winver GPU : Nvidia Geforce 940mx Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U...
  7. Huge Idle RAM Usage by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huge Idle RAM Usage by Windows 10: [ATTACH] I have a pretty powerful system that is currently running Windows 10 build 18362. I've noticed this more and more in the past few weeks - my system will use an huge amount of RAM after a somewhat long uptime. And to that I have no solution. But, it's getting worse...
  8. Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage: [img] I'm wondering if my idle ram is normal for Windows 10. It's using about 1.2-1.5GB on idle without any programs running. On Windows 8 it my idle usage was 900MB - 1.1GB with no programs running and with all the same programs installed. So is that a normal...
  9. RAM usage too high in idle ?

RAM usage too high in idle ?: Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't...
  10. High RAM usage while idle

High RAM usage while idle: Hello, Basically I noticed that my PC has a lot of RAM used but no program is using the RAM - see attached screenshots. Obviously it doesnt really affect me until I launch a game: eg GTA 5 which before ran happily at 60 and is now stuck on less than 1 FPS when I get into the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 40% ram used without anything running