Windows 10: ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle

Discus and support ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Restarting doesn't seem to help. like , the non pool memory usage is more than 500mb when it is checked at once the laptop is powered on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisJoel1, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:52 AM.

1. ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle

Restarting doesn't seem to help. like , the non pool memory usage is more than 500mb when it is checked at once the laptop is powered on

:)

2. RAM usage 50±% on idle.

Hello, my laptop uses around 50% RAM usage when its not doing anything.

I'd like to have this fixed.

ThijmenGrootswagers, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:57 AM
  3. RAM usage 50±% on idle.

without Firefox its on 43% usage, which still looks alot for me considering it to be on idle.

BitDefender was updating.

I actually have 8gb of ram, not 4gb.

ThijmenGrootswagers, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:57 AM
  4. DaveM121 Win User

ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle

RAM usage 50±% on idle.

Hi Thijmen,

Well Firefox is using a lot of RAM, but that is to be expected, Browsers these days are very RAM heavy especially with a few tabs open (you have 5)

BitDefender seems to be using way too much for a security suite . . .

You have 4GB of RAM

Windows will typically use 1.5GB by itself, so I would say all-in-all your RAM usage is about right, but I would look at why BitDefender is using so much . . .

Thema:

ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle

1. ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle - Similar Threads - ram usage more

2. Idle RAM Usage reaches 80%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idle RAM Usage reaches 80%: When I cold boot my laptop, everything is well and fine. A smooth functioning laptop with 10-15% idle RAM usage. But on having used it for around half a day while frequently letting it sleep. The idle ram usage turns up to 80% for no reason at all! I thought it was the sleep...
  3. 129 tasks running when idle., 44% percent RAM usage. Is this normal?

129 tasks running when idle., 44% percent RAM usage. Is this normal?: When absolutely 0 programs are open there are 129 processes running . 44% memory is being used when nothing is open on my PC. Is this normal or is there an issue? I have an i3 processor @ 3.30 ghz with 4gb of ram running windows 10. submitted by /u/osowavy [link]...
  4. RAM usage never exceeds 50%

RAM usage never exceeds 50%: I've posted about this twice in r/photoshop and I'll link those two at the bottom just in case you want extra info. I'm running 64 bit versions of all programs in question. My system can see that I have 16gb of RAM available. I noticed this problem when Ps was running way...
  5. HDD 50 percent used even after format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD 50 percent used even after format: (WIN 10 PRO with GPT HDD) I recently added SSD to laptop and replaced optical drive with HDD(old one with the help of caddy). Installed new win 10 pro to SSD and formated the HDD with the help of Mini Partition tool. Even after format it show 50 percent used. Not able...
  6. Win 10 high ram usage when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 high ram usage when idle: Hi, I recently updated windows to newest version(1803, compilation 17134.345), I did that because Forza Horizon 4 require that. I haven't been updating my OS for 2 years, because of situations like this. So my problem is that after about an hour from booting I can use my PC...
  7. RAM at 90% even when Laptop is idle.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM at 90% even when Laptop is idle.: Can anyone please help me? Yesterday, I did my weekly maintenance using CCleaner, ASC 9 Pro & Smart Defrag. After rebooting my laptop, i noticed a sudden increase in boot time and after logging in, also a sudden HUGE increase in RAM usage, from the normal 35-40% to about 96%...
  8. Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage

Windows 10 Idle RAM Usage: [img] I'm wondering if my idle ram is normal for Windows 10. It's using about 1.2-1.5GB on idle without any programs running. On Windows 8 it my idle usage was 900MB - 1.1GB with no programs running and with all the same programs installed. So is that a normal...
  9. RAM usage too high in idle ?

RAM usage too high in idle ?: Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't...
  10. High RAM usage while idle

High RAM usage while idle: Hello, Basically I noticed that my PC has a lot of RAM used but no program is using the RAM - see attached screenshots. Obviously it doesnt really affect me until I launch a game: eg GTA 5 which before ran happily at 60 and is now stuck on less than 1 FPS when I get into the...