Windows 10: RAM usage never exceeds 50%

Discus and support RAM usage never exceeds 50% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've posted about this twice in r/photoshop and I'll link those two at the bottom just in case you want extra info. I'm running 64 bit versions of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Byzow, Nov 15, 2019.

1. /u/Byzow Win User

RAM usage never exceeds 50%

I've posted about this twice in r/photoshop and I'll link those two at the bottom just in case you want extra info.

I'm running 64 bit versions of all programs in question.

My system can see that I have 16gb of RAM available.

I noticed this problem when Ps was running way slower than it should on this PC. After some tinkering, I noticed that even though I'd set Ps to be able to use 70% of my available RAM (~10gb), it would never ever exceed the 1.7gb to 2gb range in task manager. A user in a previous post pointed out that if I never see system memory usage go over 50%, it's a system problem rather than a Ps problem. So here I am.

In task manager, with Ps at ~1.75gb, chrome at ~350mb, and everything else less than 100mb, it shows 49% RAM usage.

I ran windows memory diagnostic and found no errors.

I tried entering custom values for the paging files in the virtual memory settings. I set initial to 800mb, and max to 24000mb (I found a "fix" online that suggested setting max to 1.5x your available memory, no luck there).

I'm out of ideas, any help would be appreciated.

Older posts just in case:

https://www.reddit.com/r/photoshop/...owerful_pc/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

https://www.reddit.com/r/photoshop/...xceeds_2gb/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

submitted by /u/Byzow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Byzow, Nov 15, 2019

2. RAM usage 50±% on idle.

Hello, my laptop uses around 50% RAM usage when its not doing anything.

I'd like to have this fixed.

ThijmenGrootswagers, Nov 15, 2019
  3. RAM usage 50±% on idle.

without Firefox its on 43% usage, which still looks alot for me considering it to be on idle.

BitDefender was updating.

I actually have 8gb of ram, not 4gb.

ThijmenGrootswagers, Nov 15, 2019
  4. armycyrus Win User

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. RAM usage never exceeds 50% - Similar Threads - RAM usage never

2. 50% RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    50% RAM usage: I have a page open on Edge and 50% of my memory is used ... but how is that possible?I have 16 gb of RAMCome on guys, this can't be normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/50-ram-usage/20fabded-1b35-42ee-bfa4-b9464af2d844
  3. 50% RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    50% RAM usage: I have a page open on Edge and 50% of my memory is used ... but how is that possible?I have 16 gb of RAMCome on guys, this can't be normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/50-ram-usage/20fabded-1b35-42ee-bfa4-b9464af2d844
  4. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  5. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  6. RAM usage never goes above 50% when playing games Laptop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage never goes above 50% when playing games Laptop Windows 11: Hello I am currently using a laptop Aspire A515-45I have recently changed to this one from another one which broke. I have noticed that when playing the same games as the other one it performs a lot worse even though it has the same CPU and RAMand ram speedWhen I try to play...
  7. RAM usage never goes above 50% when playing games Laptop Windows 11

RAM usage never goes above 50% when playing games Laptop Windows 11: Hello I am currently using a laptop Aspire A515-45I have recently changed to this one from another one which broke. I have noticed that when playing the same games as the other one it performs a lot worse even though it has the same CPU and RAMand ram speedWhen I try to play...
  8. RAM usage 50% cap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage 50% cap: I recently upgraded my pc and everything was fine until I realized that my RAM usage was capped at 50%. Well, kind of. It goes over 50% sometimes and then will instantly break every tab. I've contacted GIGABYTE, my motherboard, and checked many forums with no result. I'm...
  9. Ram at 50%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram at 50%: Hello everyone i have this problem where my ram is always at 50% above and i jist reformatted my laptop a while ago i have no apps or games but the ram is already at 50% above what should i do? My specs are ryzen 3 3200U 4gb ram...
  10. Glitches at 50% RAM usage, no memory errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Glitches at 50% RAM usage, no memory errors: Lately, whenever my computer reaches 50% memory usage (8/16GB), I will get all kinds of glitchieness and application crashes. I'm running a game and a web browser simultaneously. I've booted the computer with both sticks individually, and run the windows memory test, as well...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ram usage at 50%

2. memory usage never goes past 50%