Windows 10: RAM Usage & Overheating

Discus and support RAM Usage & Overheating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I re-installed Windows 10 a few months ago using the ISO. This month, a few days back, I realized that the disk was MBR. So, I converted to GPT using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peter Parker_303, Feb 13, 2021.

1. RAM Usage & Overheating

I re-installed Windows 10 a few months ago using the ISO. This month, a few days back, I realized that the disk was MBR. So, I converted to GPT using CMD.

But, now I am noticing that after converting to GPT, the RAM is unusually high and my computer heats up too fast. The images are attached below:

RAM Usage & Overheating 2b5cf56d-2dc3-4c91-ba6b-c88e95dd232f?upload=true.png RAM Usage & Overheating f9ab18fa-0f05-4288-9831-4affc4bdbdc3?upload=true.png

I have no apps open and only QuickHeal, IOBit Advanced SystemCareand Teams are only running in the background. So, is the 2.2GBIn use of RAM ususal or I am only finding it too high??

Please help!!

:)

Peter Parker_303, Feb 13, 2021

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Feb 13, 2021
  3. eshiejamz Win User
    eshiejamz, Feb 13, 2021
  4. knute97 Win User

RAM Usage & Overheating

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

RAM Usage & Overheating

1. RAM Usage & Overheating - Similar Threads - RAM Usage Overheating

2. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  3. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  4. RAM Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Usage: Hi! I have 32GB 2x16 of RAM installed, however when I try to open programs I get not enough memory issues despite only using 80% and still having ~6GB free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/69855d13-22e1-4305-a5e5-0b696d9cfc85
  5. CPU usage...overheating

CPU usage...overheating: My CPU recently started overheating UNLESS I turn on my VPN. I suspect I may be hacked, is this possible? Thank you, Barbara https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usageoverheating/b809e3c0-42e5-4537-9888-3d4f06becbeb
  6. RAM usage

RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  7. RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM Usage: Alright, so I have an 8GB ram on my pc and it always stays above 50% on idle. One day, I was bothered enough to go on Task manager, take a picture of all tasks running on ram, and added all of them up together. I did this 3 times and they averaged on 1.2 GB even though it...
  8. RAM usage

RAM usage: Okay so, my problem comes from the fact that in standby my laptop is using over half of it's memory and I have no clue why it's doing this. On top of that it's causing any game I try to play to crash, so if anyone could help, that'd be very much appreciated....
  9. RAM usage

RAM usage: My Ram is usually in the 60-high 70's% regen. the most activity being done is web browsing. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/f4977764-fc2a-4a3f-972a-ddf00029591b
  10. ram usage

ram usage: how can I know which applications are using much of my ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/d44fa670-4c66-4fa5-80f3-d96ab92a42a3