Windows 10: RAM Usage too high?

Discus and support RAM Usage too high? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I use a Lenovo X1 Laptop from 2012 with Windows 10, this old machinery rocks 8GB of RAM. However, when i checked in Task Manager, a staggering 3,3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GentiE321, May 18, 2020.

1. RAM Usage too high?

So I use a Lenovo X1 Laptop from 2012 with Windows 10, this old machinery rocks 8GB of RAM.

However, when i checked in Task Manager, a staggering 3,3 GB of 7,7 GB is being used! Mind you, this is with all tabs and background applications closed.

My question is thus, shouldn’t the RAM usage be much much lower in general? If so how can I decrease it

submitted by /u/GentiE321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GentiE321, May 18, 2020
  2. lxdiamond Win User

High RAM Usage in Win10

Thanks alot for your answers:
    @PolarNettles: yes I have a Gigabyte Z170x Gaming-3 Mainboard with Killer E2200 ethernet controller. Are there known issues with this controller?
    @Spectrum: I downloaded the program and got this screen

RAM Usage too high? [​IMG]
    is this of some use for you?

@AddRAM: RAMMap did nothing as I emptied all the lists. At first boot RAM usage is normal, but when I work or play some time it kinda stacks up the RAM. Snip of the resource monitor

lxdiamond, May 18, 2020
  3. High ram usage with no programs

Hey thank you but I was asking about the high ram usage

redfinger8127536, May 18, 2020
  4. TheViper Win User

RAM Usage too high?

high ram usage

but when i run games that uses 1gb or more ram my ram usage becomes 90-96 and the computer starts lagging.

TheViper, May 18, 2020
Thema:

RAM Usage too high?

1. RAM Usage too high? - Similar Threads - RAM Usage too

2. RAM usage is too high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage is too high: Firefox seems to use the most memory, but Google Chrome also uses a lot. The laptop has 12 GB of SODIMM 3200 MHz RAM, It has Windows 11. Two tabs in Firefox can take RAM usage up to 70%.Another computer has 12 GB of SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, and it has Windows 10, but RAM...
  3. RAM usage is too high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage is too high: Firefox seems to use the most memory, but Google Chrome also uses a lot. The laptop has 12 GB of SODIMM 3200 MHz RAM, It has Windows 11. Two tabs in Firefox can take RAM usage up to 70%.Another computer has 12 GB of SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, and it has Windows 10, but RAM...
  4. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  5. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  6. High usage in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High usage in RAM: Hello sir/ma'am, From last 10 days, I am facing the issue regarding RAM deficiency. Inspite of having 12Gi RAM in my Laptop, it uses 10.2Gi RAM. It is the case when after restarting my Laptop, when even not a single process is running. Why so ?? Please help me to resolve the...
  7. high ram usage

high ram usage: [ATTACH][ATTACH] In a few days, ago my ram usage is very in a 2 or more app open. and I have 60% in no app I cant do work on my pc and' I have 4GB' ram please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/21f73eed-4478-4761-8517-56f96820e39b
  8. Ram usage too high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram usage too high: I have 8 GB of ram and my PC uses 40-50% on idle. Ram map says process private. I have tried lots of solutions that I've found on google however non of them worked for me. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/lililpotato [link] [comments]...
  9. High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

High Ram usage and too many Svchost process: My Pc was running Slow so i checked all applications from task manager and i found around 92 svchost processes and RAM usage above 80% and no apps were using the RAM. Please tell me a solution of this problem.[ATTACH]...
  10. RAM usage too high in idle ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM usage too high in idle ?: Hi all, have this problem for a while now. I have 16GB of ram and usage is extremely high while PC is in idle. 99% ram usage and 70-80% quite often.When i start the computer it's fine and then it starts slowly to increase to as i said 70-80 and finally 99%. Computer doesn't...