Windows 10: RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots

Discus and support RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As title says,I have even replaced the possibly faulty ram but no success. Can it be a motherboard issue?I have also tried resetting the bios as well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jude D'souza, Mar 18, 2023.

1. RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots

As title says,I have even replaced the possibly faulty ram but no success. Can it be a motherboard issue?I have also tried resetting the bios as well as installed fresh windows 10 & 11. Bios is also the latest...Please help

:)

Jude D'souza, Mar 18, 2023

2. Ram slot

Greetings my friend. Like 'Mike P', my dell has only two slots as well. There are several laptops that have four (4) ram slots. Lenovo, ASUS, some HP's and some dell's. I would suggest going to a website like newegg.com, or other computer accessory place,
    and looking at their memory/ram selections. Reading their details should provide some insight as to the number of slots.

Of course, if your budget allows, the more ram you have, the better the laptop will be.

I hope this helps.

Derek

DerekW USA, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Ram slot

Hi,

I upgraded my pc ram to 8gb. When i opened the panel and checked the ram slot i saw just two and task manager is showing 4 slots. Is this right?

RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots 9ed8185a-eef3-497f-9a93-fa23200a3413.png

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

petertaiwo, Mar 18, 2023
  4. DoItJust Win User

RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots

1. RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots - Similar Threads - RAM works single

2. RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM works single slot 4th slot but showing BSOD errors in all other 3 slots: As title says,I have even replaced the possibly faulty ram but no success. Can it be a motherboard issue?I have also tried resetting the bios as well as installed fresh windows 10 & 11. Bios is also the latest...Please help...
  3. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need help with ram slots: so i have 4 slots 2 black 2 gray one black is A1 the next gray is A2 then same color order but B1and B2 im using 2 sticks 16gb should they both be in A1 and A2 or what order??...
  4. need help with ram slots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with ram slots: so i have 4 slots 2 black 2 gray one black is A1 the next gray is A2 then same color order but B1and B2 im using 2 sticks 16gb should they both be in A1 and A2 or what order??...
  5. RAM memory slots not working !!!

RAM memory slots not working !!!: After replacing the paste on the processor, the RAM slots do not work. I had 4 busy, at the moment I have 1 and 3 busy, I put the memory in slots 2 and 4. It causes that the computer does not start and after a few seconds, reset itself. Can I fix it somehow? 182999
  6. The software shows 2 RAM slots but can't find the second slot?

The software shows 2 RAM slots but can't find the second slot?: Toshiba has ended support for laptops since 2016 so I am writing here. If anyone can help me, I would be very much grateful to you. My laptop is Toshiba Satellite C55 B5296 Windows 10 Home upgraded from Windows 8.1 My laptop is about 10 years but fulfilled all my needs so...
  7. Incorrect number of RAM slots

Incorrect number of RAM slots: Task manger incorrectly displays number of RAM slots used as 2 of 4. I have a Aorus X570 mini itx motherboard that definitely only has two slots. I think this only occurred after updating to windows 10 1909 to 2004. Could this be a BIOS issue?...
  8. Ram 4 slot Question

Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  9. Ram 4 slot Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Ram 4 slot Question: I already have 2 x 8 gb ram and speed is 3000 mhz and i can overclock it to 2800 mhz two ram without issues. I Just bought another 2 x 8gb ram same model same speed. But if i insert 4 all ram i cannot run it on 2800mhz. it always reset to default 2133mhz. Already cleared...
  10. DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?: New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4? Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150 Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 DDR3 1600 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 16GB (2X8) 240PIN DDR3 1600 SAPPHIRE RADEAON R9 380 NITRO 4GB DDR5...