Windows 10: Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use?

Discus and support Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok so i recently scanned my portable drive with the new malwarebytes 3.0, apparently didn't find anything on that. As soon as i installed MSE the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MajorFoley, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use?

Ok so i recently scanned my portable drive with the new malwarebytes 3.0, apparently didn't find anything on that.
    As soon as i installed MSE the moment i started scanning the drive Malware bytes went nuts quarantining SVChost.exe and MSE keeps apparently cleaning and quarantining them as well along with some programs like team viewer but on the actual laptop and not located on my portable. It keeps apparently detecting Jeefos on SVChosts and tries to clean and quarantine every 2 minutes.

So my friend is letting me borrow one of his older laptops to use Windows 10 defender to scan it but it keeps freezing at about 3 quarters, so we had the idea of trying to scan it file by file. When i scanned my photos folder nothing was found but apparently scanning one of my other folders (EPSXE) it found 82 threats most of them Ramnit A's. The problem is i had to do an individual file scan because the entire HDD scan the scanning freezes and refuses to continue on
    I'm at a loss of what to do it, of course defender offers the option of clean but i'm not 100% sure it will work and i have some old school stuff that im worried that those virtual images themselves could be infected.

So i was wondering should i try making a virtual image, connect the HDD directly there and scan or make an image of the laptop (with macrium reflect) as a restore and then plug it in and do a scan and try cleaning it? I remembered once on those images i tried a bit defender and avast scan and it cameup with these
    ( JS dropper AQ (trj), win32 rmndrp, win32:quolko, win32:Genmalicious-GOW[Trj],and win32:Crypt-SJB [Trj])
    I want to try and save as many files as i possibly can.

:)

MajorFoley, Aug 11, 2017

2. Application switching problem

I ran the scan as directed. No viruses, spyware, or other potentially harmful software was detected.

The problem still exists.

Clif

Clifton Barber, Aug 11, 2017
  3. JimRadke Win User
    Disk Usage at 100% (Not disk is full)

Update: I just finished running MS Safety Scanner (1.0.3001.0): No viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected.

JimRadke, Aug 11, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use?

Tony K, Aug 11, 2017
  5. MajorFoley, Aug 11, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Aug 11, 2017
  7. Borg 386 Win User
    Before you run any malware scanner, D/L & run RKill. It appears the malicious processes are running in the background & effecting the scans of these programs. RKill will attempt to terminate any malicious processes from running.

Important: DO NOT REBOOT after running RKill. Instead immediately scan your PC with Malware scanners. Once the malicious processes have been stopped you have a better chance of removing them.

RKill Download

Try AdwCleaner. You may also wish to run JRT (Junkware Removal Tool)

Also, it wouldn't hurt to run a scan with TDSSKiller to be sure you don't have a rootkit causing reinfection.

TDSSKiller Download

Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use? [​IMG]
    Note When running TDSSKiller, launch the program, click on the blue text "Change Parameters" & check the box marked "Detect TDLFS File system." Click OK & then run the scan.

Since you are showing multiple infections you may wish to d/l & run an AV scanner such as SuperAntiSpyware Portable Scanner or Norton Power Eraser.

Another option you have is to make a bootable rescue disk.

11 Top free bootable antivirus rescue discs for Windows PCs | Digital Citizen

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use?

1. Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use? - Similar Threads - Ramnit potentially viruses

2. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  3. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  4. Potential Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential Virus?: Every time I start up my computer 3 tabs of PowerShell pop up on my screen despite me turning off the run upon startup option in my task manager. Another issue I've had is when I open up Google Chrome it pops up for a second, then closes and restarts every time. I have also...
  5. Potential Virus on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential Virus on PC: Hello, I have made an AMD PC and used my storage from my old pc. There has been an application called, Intel Security Assist. I can not uninstall or remove it, and this application has been on my pc for years now. Is this Malware or an application that simply can not be...
  6. Is this a potential virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a potential virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iTechsTR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx1sy3/is_this_a_potential_virus/
  7. Virus: Win32/Ramnit

Virus: Win32/Ramnit: [ATTACH]我的同事的电脑中了病毒,然后我扫描自己电脑的时候也发现了病毒virus:Win32/Ramnit.j,然后我选择了清楚病毒,查看历史记录的时候发现只有一个显示的是已删除,其他的都是显示已清理,那么已清理的病毒是删除了吗? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/%E7%94%B5%E8%84%91%E4%B8%AD%E7%97%85%E6%AF%92/05ad39c0-6a95-4730-9355-843e896e91b1
  8. Which virus protector should i use,

Which virus protector should i use,: Hello. I presently use Kaspersky total security and in about 35 days it will automatically renew, Now for some time I've wondered how safe I am with this product as it originated from Russia / Eastern Block areas. Now if it had come from anywhere else I'd be happy. I've not...
  9. which browser should i be using

in Browsers and Email
    which browser should i be using: Norton tells me to use internet exployer but should my default be Microsoft edge. when I use the search at the bottom I get bing. with internet exployer I have my view etc....so mixed up. thanks carol 19548
  10. Which key should I use?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which key should I use?: Hi! I have Samsung laptop that came with preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). I have COA sticker on bottom of my device too. I use ProduKey to check my Windows 7 key but it doesn't match to my key on COA sticker. Furthermore I checked this key from ProduKey in...