Windows 10: Ramsomware protection is blocking me from saving files to my file system

Discus and support Ramsomware protection is blocking me from saving files to my file system in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It started when I was running Turbotax and I tried to save my tax return. Got a message from Virus Protection "Unauthorized access blocked". When I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by froggygremblin, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Ramsomware protection is blocking me from saving files to my file system

It started when I was running Turbotax and I tried to save my tax return. Got a message from Virus Protection "Unauthorized access blocked". When I clicked on the alert I got a Protection History report and was able allow Turbotax to access my Protected folders. Today I'm trying to save a PDF from my bank with my latest statement with the new Edge but keep getting a message that the save "failed due to network problems" There is no interface to allow me to allow Edge to access my protected folders. Is this a bug or is the default way this works is to just block access to everything? It's most inconvenient! How can I change this setting to allow me to save files to my file folders?

:)

froggygremblin, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 25, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Protecting files on a USB stick?

Even if you restrict access to read only, they can still copy the program. Read access is all copy needs.

My suggestion for simplicity is to create a small file on the drive and mark it hidden as well as marking it a system file, so even if they turn hidden files on the file won't show up. Put this file in a separate folder that is also marked as system, name the folder something random and windows important sounding. So even if they do find it, they won't know what it is and should ignore it. Then make the main program check for the file on execution and exit if the file isn't on the flash drive.

This should fool 90% of people unless they are pretty computer literate.

newtekie1, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ramsomware protection is blocking me from saving files to my file system

File Save

Hi Clive,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• What is the location where you are trying to save the files?
    • Is the issue specific to particular type of files? Example Office files.
    I would like to inform you that you cannot save the files in location where Operating System files are saved.

I suggest you to Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Ramsomware protection is blocking me from saving files to my file system

1. Ramsomware protection is blocking me from saving files to my file system - Similar Threads - Ramsomware protection blocking

2. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  3. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  4. Save As make file save as a "All Files*.*" and wont let me choose what to save it as.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As make file save as a "All Files*.*" and wont let me choose what to save it as.: Whenever I right click on an image and attempt to save the file it either attempts to save as a ".tif" or "All Files*.*" which NEITHER one I can then simply open... I want to save photos as Jpegs without having to download some weird ad-on to google chrome....
  5. Windows blocking save files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows blocking save files: I have recently reset my Laptop to a fresh windows install and its been acting weird. Whenever I try to save a game on terraria it says it can't access the files. Im told to disable ransomware and controlled folder access. Only problem, THEY DONT EXCISTS?! No where is there...
  6. Windows defender block my games from using save files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender block my games from using save files: I got legit games and every time i turn them on i got notification that my defender block them from using save files. So every time i need to put them on no blocking defender settings. Is there a way to stop it instead of doing the same process with every new game? submitted...
  7. Protect system restore files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Protect system restore files: After Microsoft's latest forced update, 1903, I discovered that all my previous system restore files had been wiped out. Is there any way of hiding, or protecting, or backing up system restore files? 136886
  8. Windows Defender blocking game save files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender blocking game save files: Windows Defender (to be more specific, Virus & Threat Protection > Real Time Protection) thinks that my games on my computer are harming my computer when they enter save files. My games are official, all of them are from Steam, Origin, Uplay, and official PC-ROM discs....
  9. Nozelesn Ramsomware

Nozelesn Ramsomware: Has anyone found a removal tool for this Ransomware?? I have downloaded two programs however they do nothing. I believe the virus hides itself from the malware programs. This stuff is extremely annoying and has infected some of my files I need. Any and all help would be...
  10. Defender blocks files I want to save

Defender blocks files I want to save: When I want to save excel files Windows Defender blocks the file and message is that file path not known and unauthorised controlled folder...