Windows 10: Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

Discus and support Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My microsoft store was broken so I ran this code to reinstall/restore it "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Exequiel Zaf, May 30, 2023.

1. Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

My microsoft store was broken so I ran this code to reinstall/restore it "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}" and after pasting it it just says "Deployment operation progress: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_22303.1401.7.0_x64___8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppXManifest.xml [ Processing" its been like that for 15 minutes please help

:)

Exequiel Zaf, May 30, 2023
  2. kin2son Win User

Microsoft Store missing and broken Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing" :(

Hi all, new to the forum and hope someone can assist...

Was trying to install "HP Smart" from MS Store but kept failing (Win10 1709).

Tried resetting the store with wsreset without much luck. After some googling I was stupid enough to mess with the "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder, deleted a few folders in there....

I ran a few commands in powershell and after that the store icon is broken nor it will launch.

I then try "resetting" the store in "Add/remove program" -> Windows Store and now the icon is completely gone from the start menu.

Long story short when I try to reinstall the store by running -

"Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

in powershell admin I am getting the below error (Sorry for the horrible screen cap)

Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing" 305997d1605218331t-microsoft-store-missing-broken-capture.jpg

As you can see there are 2 errors. I know the AppXManifest.xml file is in there, yet it keeps saying the system cannot find the path specified.

Is there any suggestion how I can revive the store? I really hope that I don't need to rebuild the whole machine. Thanks heaps!

kin2son, May 30, 2023
  3. Microsoft Store missing and broken Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing" :(

Like maybe update the OS, very old windows version you have.

Run SFC /scannow to fix missing files from command prompt

sdowney717, May 30, 2023
  4. Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

Error code 0x80070005 with Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are unable to install Python 3.8 through the Microsoft store and getting the error 0x80070005. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you able to install other apps from Microsoft Store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as Standard/Administrator user account?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

Let us try a few steps and check.

Step 1: Fix the permissions of the Packages folder

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to this location:
      C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local
    2. Now in the Local folder, locate the Packages
      folder.
    3. Right click on Packages and select
      Properties.
    4. Click the Security Tab, then click
      Advanced button and ensure that all the users listed have full control.

Step 2: Reinstall Windows 10 Store app using PowerShell

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Copy and paste this command, and then press Enter:
      Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process complete, restart the PC and check

Step 3: New User Administrator Account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Also, refer the suggestion by Bix2017 on December 03, 2019 in this

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

1. Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing" - Similar Threads - Ran powershell code

2. My microsoft store wont work! its stuck in loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft store wont work! its stuck in loading: Hi. my microsoft store is stuck in loading. ive tried many things like repair and reset it powershell stuff WReset etc.. but i will cant figure it out. im on windows 11...
  3. My microsoft store wont work! its stuck in loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft store wont work! its stuck in loading: Hi. my microsoft store is stuck in loading. ive tried many things like repair and reset it powershell stuff WReset etc.. but i will cant figure it out. im on windows 11...
  4. Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing": My microsoft store was broken so I ran this code to reinstall/restore it "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}" and after pasting it it just says "Deployment...
  5. Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing": My microsoft store was broken so I ran this code to reinstall/restore it "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}" and after pasting it it just says "Deployment...
  6. powershell and microsoft store is not on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powershell and microsoft store is not on my laptop: i recently got a new laptop and decided to get some games, and microsoft store just doesnt exist on my computernow the most common solution that i see is to simply reinstall it via powershell, but powershell is ALSO seemingly gone from my systemeven when i right click the...
  7. Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working

Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working: I Watched dozens of tutorials but nothings working but months ago i succesfully reinstalled ms store but now its not working its not saying initialized i tried to disable and re enable powershell but nothings working and i try troubleshooting and wsreset but nothing works and...
  8. Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method: Hi, i am trying to reinstall my Microsoft store and tried different methods on youtube and I tried doing the powershell fix but I am stuck on the initialized stage. Can someone help?...
  9. My Microsoft Store is broken.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Microsoft Store is broken.: I bought Forza Horizon 3 and it just won't download (like any other app). Its always "In Queue" or it says "starting download" but nothing happens. Sometimes the store just crashed when i tried to install something. I also noticed, that i can only start the download for the...
  10. windows store reinstalling error powershell

windows store reinstalling error powershell: by running following command in powershell to reinstall windows store Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} i got following error Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed...