Windows 10: Ran a program from microsoft to install all new updates. Now i'm locked out of my account.

Discus and support Ran a program from microsoft to install all new updates. Now i'm locked out of my account. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright so I ran this tool https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445 Left it to run while I went to bed. Came back this morning i'm at the lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xCookieDoh, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Ran a program from microsoft to install all new updates. Now i'm locked out of my account.

Alright so I ran this tool https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

Left it to run while I went to bed. Came back this morning i'm at the lock screen.

I found it normal it just automatically restarted. Tried to login,

It started the login process. Then it goes black for about 0.5s and sends me straight back to the lock screen.

Very confused. Can't find a lot of people people with this issue.

:)

xCookieDoh, Jan 23, 2020

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 23, 2020
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Ran a program from microsoft to install all new updates. Now i'm locked out of my account.

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Ran a program from microsoft to install all new updates. Now i'm locked out of my account.

1. Ran a program from microsoft to install all new updates. Now i'm locked out of my account. - Similar Threads - Ran program microsoft

2. I added a new administrator now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I added a new administrator now I'm locked out: HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-added-a-new-administrator-now-im-locked-out/5bf3c471-9741-4786-b422-8a93e19201cc
  3. I added a new administrator now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I added a new administrator now I'm locked out: HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-added-a-new-administrator-now-im-locked-out/5bf3c471-9741-4786-b422-8a93e19201cc
  4. my new laptop did an update and now I'm locked out bit locker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new laptop did an update and now I'm locked out bit locker?: windows performed update when finished, the bot locker turned on. I never set it up.Help,I'm locked out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-laptop-did-an-update-and-now-im-locked-out/9b29458f-828d-4469-b71d-78fd5d8183d2
  5. my new laptop did an update and now I'm locked out bit locker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my new laptop did an update and now I'm locked out bit locker?: windows performed update when finished, the bot locker turned on. I never set it up.Help,I'm locked out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-laptop-did-an-update-and-now-im-locked-out/9b29458f-828d-4469-b71d-78fd5d8183d2
  6. Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account: Hi,I've recently been locked out of my personal windows account. I no longer have access to the recovery phone number because the account is 15 years old and frankly I dont use it. However I've used the email when I first got my lenovo laptop in order for me log into the...
  7. Downloaded Microsoft Office through my school, and now I'm locked out of changing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded Microsoft Office through my school, and now I'm locked out of changing...: So I downloaded Microsoft Office for free using my school email account, and after downloading all that and Microsoft teams or whatever, the background on my desktop turned black and when I go into the settings to change it I get the following error:...
  8. I'm locked out . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm locked out . . .: I was removing the password from the login,lock screen. But, during the process, I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me!Now, I'm locked out of my computer. When, I put in my password, it says, try again. To reset my password, it says I need a DVD drive. But, it's a Dell....
  9. Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out: So I have 2 devices, One device when I try to log in forces me to change the password, but now I've forgotten it. That device is connected to an outlook account which I can log in. Is there any way to recovery the password for that device? Thanks...
  10. I'm locked out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm locked out!: Like an idiot I set the power on password for my HP 15-f305dx laptop (Win 10) and forgot to write down or remember the password. I've tried taking out the cmos battery for twenty minutes (no AC or battery either) and all that happens is the screen comes up and says the cmos...