Windows 10: ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process

Discus and support ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As mentioned, I had some odd behavior and ran SFC /Scannow. It said I had corrupted files it could not fix and suggested I run a CBS process. A log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l_turn9, Feb 13, 2019.

1. l_turn9 Win User

ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process

As mentioned, I had some odd behavior and ran SFC /Scannow. It said I had corrupted files it could not fix and suggested I run a CBS process. A log file was produced but I don't know what I'm reading. Can someone help?

Should I post the log here? I have no idea if it contains personal info... and it's pretty large (78KB)

Suggestions?

:)

l_turn9, Feb 13, 2019
  2. tomseys Win User

Ran SFC scan and got errors...

HP -15 laptop, Windows 10 Home version 1709 Build 16299.309

I ran an sfc /scannow scan and it reported:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios."

So i then did a dism restore health and got this:

C:\windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.309

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

So I ran sfc scan again and got the same result as first time.
    The log it creates is very long. Not sure how to read it.

tomseys, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Critical Process died

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that there is a
    corrupted system file that is causing the issue or applications that are running in the background that complicates the startup process. We suggest that you try performing these methods of troubleshooting steps to fix this
    matter:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring or fix any corrupted files. To run the
    DISM tool, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 13, 2019
  4. ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process

Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

Hi,

I ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 desktop and got the response below:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Did not find any "log" from the directions above.

Please help,

Thanks,

Joe

jdelaney77, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process

1. ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process - Similar Threads - ran SFC Scan

2. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cbs sfc/scannow interpreting: Hello, I just did an sfc /scannow and it came out that errors have been corrected and that I have reviewed the cbs file, which I don't know how to interpret, if anyone can help me... file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akydfmp45OsXkAM6kng7-7F0bO4z?e=y7If62 I thank you in advance...
  3. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cbs sfc/scannow interpreting: Hello, I just did an sfc /scannow and it came out that errors have been corrected and that I have reviewed the cbs file, which I don't know how to interpret, if anyone can help me... file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akydfmp45OsXkAM6kng7-7F0bO4z?e=y7If62 I thank you in advance...
  4. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I Can't run SFC scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't run SFC scan: Hi everyone,One of my update KB5023696 has failed many times. I have been working on this issue. I ran power shell admin and received this message sfc /scannow "There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart and run sfc again." I restarted it...
  6. I Can't run SFC scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't run SFC scan: Hi everyone,One of my update KB5023696 has failed many times. I have been working on this issue. I ran power shell admin and received this message sfc /scannow "There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart and run sfc again." I restarted it...
  7. I Can't run SFC scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. CBS log from SFC scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CBS log from SFC scan: after running sfc /scannow errors were found & this is where the results were found . I have no idea how to read this. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At73nWtbQSuIgbcKmbFBuM-QNwW_0Q?e=scbcIP...
  9. What to do with the windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log from the SFC scan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What to do with the windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log from the SFC scan?: I am finding solution to my problem in starting some modules in my Laptop. I found in the internet that SFC /scannow may resolve the problem. But it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are...
  10. Ran SFC scan and got errors...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ran SFC scan and got errors...: HP -15 laptop, Windows 10 Home version 1709 Build 16299.309 I ran an sfc /scannow scan and it reported: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...