Windows 10: Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them

Discus and support Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have attached the logs in this google drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ido Erez, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Ido Erez Win User

Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them

I have attached the logs in this google drive

:)

Ido Erez, Jul 31, 2023
  2. neilpzz Win User

Is there a software that scan and repair the corrupt files or any missing files?

The full list:

Method 1:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin). Or PowerShell (Admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth [press return]

let the scan run and then

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth [press return]

once the scan is complete then use method 2.

Method 2:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin). Or PowerShell (Admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt.

sfc /scannow [press return]

After completing the scans restart using Start > Power > Restart.

neilpzz, Jul 31, 2023
  3. sfc command returns rsult after scan that a few files corrupted could not be repaired

Yes it is quick heal. I am sorry the anti virus. About a week time .

I deleted bot program data files it mentioned in pop up. But still it keeps popping up message that the file successfully repaired. then I ran sfc command after I did DISM recover command (successful) but it says few corrupted files could not be repaired
    due to duplicate ownership or something. AS suggested by you I have already done disk clean twice and restarted in clean boot mode. Now sfc is going on

Prof R KGupta, Jul 31, 2023
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them

SFC reports corrupt files that cannot be repaired

Hi Jay,

For to better assist you with the SFC reports issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you installed any Windows updates prior to this issue?
    • Please provide us a CBS logs for us to determine what is the file that cannot be repaired.
    To get the logs, please follow the steps below:

• Open a Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfclogs.txt”, then hit
      Enter. (This will create a sfclogs.txt file on your desktop).
    • Open the sfclogs.txt and check the result of SFC scan.
    Note: SFC cannot always fix corrupted files.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 31, 2023
Thema:

1. Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them - Similar Threads - Ran SFC scan

2. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  3. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  4. Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them

Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them: I have attached the logs in this google drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ran-an-sfc-scan-and-it-returned-that-i-had/47d6c3be-ef34-4987-9e89-e41eaa1e840c
  5. Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ran an SFC scan and it returned that I had corrupted files and could not repair them: I have attached the logs in this google drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ran-an-sfc-scan-and-it-returned-that-i-had/47d6c3be-ef34-4987-9e89-e41eaa1e840c
  6. SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160: The error log is below:2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Error DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll: 160 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file:...
  7. SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160

SFC scan fails to repair files, returns error 160: The error log is below:2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Error DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CIRCoInst.dll: 160 2023-07-15 14:25:14, Info DEPLOY [Pnp] Corrupt file:...
  8. sfc found corrupt files but could repoair all of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc found corrupt files but could repoair all of them: I have never seen this before always either said they were ok or fixed the files but now i get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-found-corrupt-files-but-could-repoair-all-of/e8c9414f-89ac-41ed-a643-c30186067ee0
  9. SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file

in Windows 10 News
    SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file: [ATTACH]The System File Checker or SFC is a system tool that can allow users to scan for and restore corrupt Windows system files. It is […] This article SFC not working, will not run or could not repair corrupt file first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. sfc - corrupted files but could not fix them.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc - corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hi, This is a fresh install of Windows 10 and when i run sfc/scan now i get the message that there is corrupt files. Ive done a reset and a in Place upgrade both which failed to fix the problems. I've ran some commands in command promt, can't remember the one, but one...