Windows 10: ran chkdsk now getting the File record segment xxxxx is unreachable error

Discus and support ran chkdsk now getting the File record segment xxxxx is unreachable error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Few days back I reset my system, but the reset failed so I tried clean installing the windows but met with errors like "preparing automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Beyond_Enigmatic, Oct 8, 2020.

1. ran chkdsk now getting the File record segment xxxxx is unreachable error

ran chkdsk now getting the File record segment xxxxx is unreachable error LSEuz_t_QYl29RD9R26iyF0uXN6CKUQDZ_C9G64q_B4.jpg

Few days back I reset my system, but the reset failed so I tried clean installing the windows but met with errors like "preparing automatic repair" or "startup repair failed" multiple times. So I decided to run chkdsk after going through google for the previous errors and now I am getting this error. What do I do now? is my HDD dead?

Please help.

https://preview.redd.it/ona3vyiz0vr...bp&s=2a1466b6faf1311726c735f712d7528a6605cd09

submitted by /u/Beyond_Enigmatic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Beyond_Enigmatic, Oct 8, 2020

2. Attribute record (80, "") corrupt file segments

Keep getting a message that I need to restart to repair something. I restart and the drive is scanned and repair initiated but doesn't fix whatever needs fixing. I run CHKDSK from command prompt and get the following 10 files (see below) showing
    as corrupt. I run /f, and /r and restart but the problem persists. I don't have a backup disc. Computer is about 10 years old AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor but I replaced the hard drive about 4 years ago. Any advice is appreciated!

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.1098]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk

The type of the file system is NTFS.

Volume label is New Volume.

WARNING! /F parameter not specified.

Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 64E5

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 12E9D

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 132C8

is corrupt.

Attribute record (A0, $I30) from file record segment ****

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 299AE

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 32825

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 43C23

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 4F10D

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 63E23

is corrupt.

Attribute record (80, "") from file record segment 99280

is corrupt.

825856 file records processed.

File verification completed.

41989 large file records processed.

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Spiralwizard_VA, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Luke Win User
    Identify file name(s) associated with chkdsk corrupt file record segments

I have a Dell XPS15, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Windows 10.

The following are the results from CHKDSK read-only:

Since it cannot continue, does that imply that there may be additional existing errors?

My understanding is that CHKDSK /R will recover 'READABLE' information.
    So, before I run chkdsk /r, is there any way to identify the filename(s) associated with:

• file 7ADAE
    • file record segment 1003F
    • file record segment 21D8F
    • file record segment 74337
    • file record segment 74CF5

Once I identify the filenames I plan on restoring them from a recent backup after running
    `chkdsk /r.

Luke, Oct 8, 2020
  4. ran chkdsk now getting the File record segment xxxxx is unreachable error

Transferable File Record Segments are unreadable? CHKDSK

Situation.

Two, twin 1 TB WD HDDs. D: and H:

D: showed it was corrupting, H: was healthy, moved all files to H:

Ran chkdsk on D: to begin recovery and repair procedures after moving as many files as possible to the H:, taking extensive hours to migrate the data.. To my knowledge, File Record Segments being unreadable are an indicator of a hardware fault... but here's
    the kicker.

After the files were migrated, the errors went away on the D: and the same exact errors began to materialize on the H:. I got kind of excited, because I thought this may mean it's a simple file structure issue. But here's the problem. It's saying 300+ hours
    to complete the chkdsk on the H: , D is chugging right along. The file error messages were verbatim identical in the sector number by letter and number. Anyone ever seen anything like this before and may be able to give me some guidance on what I'm looking
    at?

Migrated data and programs are still working as if nothing is wrong.

Maelstrom Vortex, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

ran chkdsk now getting the File record segment xxxxx is unreachable error

1. ran chkdsk now getting the File record segment xxxxx is unreachable error - Similar Threads - ran chkdsk getting

2. How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?: Hello Everyone, Call me By Moh I am using a PC passed to me from a family friend, its not really old "6 years according to PC health check". It's an HP notebook running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 that i have downloaded and installed once i got this PC. The problem is that i...
  3. How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?: Hello Everyone, Call me By Moh I am using a PC passed to me from a family friend, its not really old "6 years according to PC health check". It's an HP notebook running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 that i have downloaded and installed once i got this PC. The problem is that i...
  4. How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. product key xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-6Q84

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    product key xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-6Q84: product key xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-6Q84 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-6q84/000afa70-2d7e-44d5-9e9e-fbdd748083b2
  6. Huge amount of "correcting sparse file record segment" during chkdsk

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge amount of "correcting sparse file record segment" during chkdsk: Windows 10 System Google has given me nothing, nearly all the results are from people who were posting a log and it had other errors that were flat-out read failures of a dying drive...... or they were results about MYSQL, which I don't use (at least not manually). I had...
  7. Got a huge amount of "correcting sparse file record segment" during chkdsk of a RAID...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got a huge amount of "correcting sparse file record segment" during chkdsk of a RAID...: Windows 10 System Google has given me nothing, nearly all the results are from people who were posting a log and it had other errors that were flat-out read failures of a dying drive...... or they were results about MYSQL, which I don't use at least not manually. I had just...
  8. File record segment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File record segment: So I was performing a disk check and I got some bad record segment and is apparently slowing my disk drive. And so while checking I came across these names like 2CD78, 2C90C, 2C90E, etc. And I tried checking on internet and wasn't helpful at all. So I was wondering if there's...
  9. Attribute record 80, "" corrupt file segments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attribute record 80, "" corrupt file segments: Keep getting a message that I need to restart to repair something. I restart and the drive is scanned and repair initiated but doesn't fix whatever needs fixing. I run CHKDSK from command prompt and get the following 10 files see below showing as corrupt. I run /f, and /r and...
  10. product code xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx p5lk5

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product code xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx p5lk5: how do I get the product code now that I have reset the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-code-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-p5lk5/509e3ade-fcb6-421e-9d31-0e61da6705a3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xxxxx