Windows 10: ran "dm_log_collector", now cant find YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file

Discus and support ran "dm_log_collector", now cant find YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No it's not on my Desktop. bit strange. My User files have been redirected to my D: drive to keep my C: ssd clutter free. so now i dont know where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Funjunkie6, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ran "dm_log_collector", now cant find YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file

No it's not on my Desktop. bit strange.

My User files have been redirected to my D: drive to keep my C: ssd clutter free. so now i dont know where the YourComputerName-xxxx.zip has been saved to.

I searched for Zip files PC wide, but didnt find it. Where else could it have been saved to?

thanks.

:)

Funjunkie6, Jun 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 update - problems - no search box in the startup menu, won't let me save my files,........

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The issue could be because of corruptions on the computer.

I suggest you to perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer. Please follow the below link to perform a sfc scan on the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Sorry to know that you face issues with files . As I get it right you get an error message " you don't have permission to save in this location. contact administrator to obtain permission".

I need to ask you a question in order to assist you in a better way.

Does the issue persist with a particular file?

Perform the steps below and check.

a: Right click on file.

b: Select
    Properties > Security.

c: Click
    "Edit" to change permissions. If you only find:

• System

• Administrators (yourComputerName\Administrators)

• Users(yourComputerName\Users)

You need to click "Add..", where you "Enter the object names to select":

• userName (Simply the name you see when you login)

Click OK.

d: Return back to the list. Now you will see:

• System

• userName(yourComputerName\userName)

• Administrators (yourComputerName\Administrators)

• Users(yourComputerName\Users)

Select userName(yourCompusterName\userName from the above list, and then

Change the "Permissions for userName":

• Read & Execute (Allow)

• Read (Allow)

• Write (Allow)

Make sure you have the above allowed. Click
      OK.

e: Click
      OK and close the properties for the file.
    Reply to us if you face any issues with Windows, I would be glad to assist you again and try to rectify the issue as early as possible.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 5, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 5, 2018
Thema:

ran "dm_log_collector", now cant find YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file

1. ran "dm_log_collector", now cant find YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file - Similar Threads - ran dm_log_collector cant

2. my subscription ran out mid downloading and nowi cant find the files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my subscription ran out mid downloading and nowi cant find the files: while i was downloading forza horizon 4 my xbox game pass subscription went off so the download did not finish i want to uninstall what ive downloaded but i couldnt find forza horizon 4 shortcut i tried looking for it in the files i tried uninstalling it in the settings and...
  3. my subscription ran out mid downloading and nowi cant find the files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my subscription ran out mid downloading and nowi cant find the files: while i was downloading forza horizon 4 my xbox game pass subscription went off so the download did not finish i want to uninstall what ive downloaded but i couldnt find forza horizon 4 shortcut i tried looking for it in the files i tried uninstalling it in the settings and...
  4. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  5. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  6. Cant find school files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant find school files: Hey so I got on my laptop, my Microsoft settings were changed, causing me to not have any of my files for school help!! The laptop wont let me get on my account it brings me to the temporary account on the laptop....
  7. cant view items in zipped file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant view items in zipped file: items on desktop are zip files and can not open them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-view-items-in-zipped-file/83d40d9c-61f6-4638-aad9-4d73ec79e9c7"
  8. We cant find this file

We cant find this file: Hello, I have created a beutiful video project for my girl's birthday, invested hours... tried opening the project and I get "We cant find this file" on all photos and videos in the storyboard. the folder which I used for importing the photos is accessible and available....
  9. dm_log_collector - NO FILE!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dm_log_collector - NO FILE!: Repeated BSODs. I run dm_log_collector and after running it immediately deletes the zip file that it creates. It's not in my recycle bin either. Advice? 57893
  10. downloaded zip files say cant find application

downloaded zip files say cant find application: Can someone please help me. Im getting this message whenever I try to unzip a downloaded file from the internet. Im trying to add to my fonts. This also happens when I download free mixtapes. [img] 53267