Windows 10: Ran FOR /L %N IN DO @start in cmd to see what would happen now i cant atop it

Discus and support Ran FOR /L %N IN DO @start in cmd to see what would happen now i cant atop it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran FOR /L %N IN DO @start in a moment of utter stupidity and my display turned off and I cant shut down my computer or stop it. Im using a dell xps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cw_054, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Cw_054 Win User

Ran FOR /L %N IN DO @start in cmd to see what would happen now i cant atop it

I ran FOR /L %N IN DO @start in a moment of utter stupidity and my display turned off and I cant shut down my computer or stop it. Im using a dell xps 13 with 16 gb or ram, which got used up pretty quick Ran FOR /L %N IN  DO @start in cmd to see what would happen now i cant atop it :p

:)

Cw_054, Oct 22, 2020

2. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Oct 22, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Ran FOR /L %N IN DO @start in cmd to see what would happen now i cant atop it

Why does the Start up menu and other application stop working?

Hi Mhon,

• What happens when you try to access Start and Windows Store?
    • Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Ran FOR /L %N IN DO @start in cmd to see what would happen now i cant atop it

1. Ran FOR /L %N IN DO @start in cmd to see what would happen now i cant atop it - Similar Threads - Ran @start cmd

2. I would like to stay with Windows 7. What do I do now??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to stay with Windows 7. What do I do now??: It seems Chrome will no longer support Windows 7? They suggest one should switch to Windows 10 or later. I would like to stay with Windows 7. What do I do now??...
  3. I would like to stay with Windows 7. What do I do now??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to stay with Windows 7. What do I do now??: It seems Chrome will no longer support Windows 7? They suggest one should switch to Windows 10 or later. I would like to stay with Windows 7. What do I do now??...
  4. What would happen in future windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would happen in future windows?: What happen, like What happen in windows like windows 22, or 52, and what exactly looks like? My concept is like this:22:it's like back to past yet.52:like it's back to past....
  5. What would happen in future windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would happen in future windows?: What happen, like What happen in windows like windows 22, or 52, and what exactly looks like? My concept is like this:22:it's like back to past yet.52:like it's back to past....
  6. Looking for help interpreting what a cmd line would do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for help interpreting what a cmd line would do: I am in the process if installing my legit copy of Adobe CS6 I purchased back in 2012 on a new PC I just purchased that has Windows 10. I have found a thread within Adobe's forum on getting CS6 to work in Windows 10. In it I need to rename an application, do a few other...
  7. Ran FOR /L %N IN () DO @start to see what would happen now I dont know how to fix it :P

Ran FOR /L %N IN () DO @start to see what would happen now I dont know how to fix it :P: submitted by /u/JaycoCat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgetc1/ran_for_l_n_in_do_start_to_see_what_would_happen/
  8. What would happen?

What would happen?: Hypothetical question: What would happen if I were to download the insider slow 2004 update and then once installed properly, and if i removed insider program afterwards, would i still be on the 2004 update after removal of the insider program or would it force me to go back...
  9. What happens if you type - into cmd?

What happens if you type - into cmd?: My friend somehow crashed my computer this way. What happened? PS he isn't my friend anymore submitted by /u/Bulbasheen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwldrw/what_happens_if_you_type_into_cmd/
  10. R`einst````a````l`l````i`n```g`````````~W``````in `1``0` ```````a`n`````d...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    R`einst````a````l`l````i`n```g`````````~W``````in `1``0` ```````a`n`````d...: Hi, My Dell laptop developed HDD issues a while back after I had upgraded it from Win 8.1 to win10. I had to buy a new Hdd n reinstall the Win10 but my software person didn't reinstall my laptop's win10 from MS server but got me a Win10 pro from a network that i'm not a part...