Windows 10: Ran into a problem and needs to restart - Stop Code: 0xc000021a - closes but never restarts

Discus and support Ran into a problem and needs to restart - Stop Code: 0xc000021a - closes but never restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New Dell Laptop 6 days old with Windows 10. Upon start up, it goes straight into blue screen with error message with a sad face 'Your device ran into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TadghThatCool, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Ran into a problem and needs to restart - Stop Code: 0xc000021a - closes but never restarts

New Dell Laptop 6 days old with Windows 10. Upon start up, it goes straight into blue screen with error message with a sad face 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and the we'll restart for you'. It counts up to 100% complete and then shuts down .... and there is no restart, nothing more happens, the laptop just shuts down/turns off. Waiting an hour+ is more than enough time for this supposed restart.
    The error message also included a Q code thingy and advising of further information about this issue and possible fixes at windows.com/stopcode, and gives the error stop code as 0xc00021a.

The stopcode link speaks of third party software. It advises of 10 second powering off and on couple of times to get to WinRE I'm guessing this is new terminology for Safe Mode? I'm old school. This recommendation is not possible as the laptop goes straight from the dell logo into the above mentioned error message. There is no moment of Windows loading that I could interupt by pressing power or any windows function button.
    Software to date on this brand new laptop is Office 365 subscription license, McAfee subscription license, and wireless Logitech Keyboard and mouse. The laptop's main purpose is for Word and emailing, and browser used is Edge.
    At this stage, really can't comprehend if the third party software currently used as well establised and reputable could be causing an issue.
    As the Laptop was perfect at close of working day yesterday and having issues this morning at start of the day, I wonder if a Windows Update installed during yesterday and somehow now effecting the Laptop?

The error message is actually quite fast as in once it's counted to 100%, the screen is gone and the laptop has shut down. Hence how I have a photo as it was only way to capture the information before it was gone.

Image below/ attached. Ran into a problem and needs to restart - Stop Code: 0xc000021a - closes but never restarts [​IMG]

:)

TadghThatCool, Jan 26, 2021

2. Stop Code. The PC ran into a problem and can't restart. the code shown is : 0xc000021a

Hello all,

Could someone help me on this issue please:

Stop Code. The PC ran into a problem and can't restart. the code shown is : 0xc000021a

siamaksiamak, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Stop Code. The PC ran into a problem and can't restart. the code shown is : 0xc000021a

Hi Siamak

Please take a look at this article, How to fix error 0xc000021a in Windows 8 and 10, one of those solutions might be helpful

Linvincible, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Ran into a problem and needs to restart - Stop Code: 0xc000021a - closes but never restarts

Stop Code. The PC ran into a problem and can't restart. the code shown is : 0xc000021a

I don't have any DVD (Windows 10) or USB bootable disc available with me. Can I download the required file?

Moreover, once I run the safe mode then I get the message that your PC ran into a problem .... stop code : 0xc000021a

siamaksiamak, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Ran into a problem and needs to restart - Stop Code: 0xc000021a - closes but never restarts

1. Ran into a problem and needs to restart - Stop Code: 0xc000021a - closes but never restarts - Similar Threads - Ran problem needs

2. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart: My name is Jonathan I don't know what problem does my laptop have since yesterday morning it informed that it ran into problem and needs to restart but since it started to restart still it's on 0%* Changed to a question* Original title: Hello...
  3. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart: My name is Jonathan I don't know what problem does my laptop have since yesterday morning it informed that it ran into problem and needs to restart but since it started to restart still it's on 0%* Changed to a question* Original title: Hello...
  4. Laptop "ran into problem and needs to restart" but can't restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Your device ran into a problem and needs to be restarted, well restart it for you. Stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your device ran into a problem and needs to be restarted, well restart it for you. Stop...: My device is not loading windows, it has a blue screen that keeps on restarting…. I have windows 11 with a gigabyte z790 UD AC motherboard and an intel 13 gen cpu, please help! It just keeps on restarting...
  6. Your device ran into a problem and needs to be restarted, well restart it for you. Stop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your device ran into a problem and needs to be restarted, well restart it for you. Stop...: My device is not loading windows, it has a blue screen that keeps on restarting…. I have windows 11 with a gigabyte z790 UD AC motherboard and an intel 13 gen cpu, please help! It just keeps on restarting...
  7. Stop Code. The PC ran into a problem and can't restart. the code shown is : 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code. The PC ran into a problem and can't restart. the code shown is : 0xc000021a: Hello all, Could someone help me on this issue please: Stop Code. The PC ran into a problem and can't restart. the code shown is : 0xc000021a...
  8. PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: My laptop is dual booted and whenever I try into go into windows I get the error that my pc ran into problem and needs to restart but I am able to go into Ubuntu easily. I can't even enter safemode. Whenever I do I get the following error again that your pc ran into...
  9. PC ran into problem and needs to restart

PC ran into problem and needs to restart: I am continuously getting "PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" issue. I have tried disk checking using "chkdsk" command but got no problem with the disk. what might be the possible reason. please suggest something as I do not want to reset my system....
  10. PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: I had upgraded my Acer Aspire Laptop (CORE i5 - 4GB RAM) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. As it was running very slow, I decided to do a 'clean reset'. By mistake, the recovery partition also cleaned. It then went to a blue screen saying "Your PC ran into a problem...
Tags: