Windows 10: Ran into an error saying “This action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

Discus and support Ran into an error saying “This action cannot be completed because the file is open in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Myles2002 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Myles2002, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Ran into an error saying “This action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

/u/Myles2002, Jul 18, 2020

2. The action cannot be completed because the file is open in windows command processor

I was trying to delete couple of log files created by my batch file. But I am not able to delete them and getting the error as "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in windows command processor".

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Ravi Govindan, Jul 18, 2020
  3. the action cannot be completed because the file is open in remote access connection manager

When trying to delte some files under windows I get the message "the action cannot be completed because the file is open in remote access connection manager" please help me resolve this issue or tell me whats going on thank you

epidemicpwns, Jul 18, 2020
  4. ironfist Win User

Ran into an error saying “This action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it

I am trying to rename a folder.

I get the message below.

Ran into an error saying “This action cannot be completed because the file is open in... [​IMG]

When I am doing this, I have closed all the files that were open.

THe only thing I can think of is that there's still a file in that folder, in that instance of the program, that says .~lock.BLOG1.docx# since I had it open in openoffice. Then, I closed open office. But that file is still there. I opened it in another window and it is not there.

How come it won't let me rename it? Is this an openoffice problem?

ironfist, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Ran into an error saying “This action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

1. Ran into an error saying “This action cannot be completed because the file is open in... - Similar Threads - Ran error saying

2. this action cannot be completed because because file is open in windows event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this action cannot be completed because because file is open in windows event log: I am unable to delete this file can somebody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-action-cannot-be-completed-because-because/bbd303d5-664a-4e97-a9d3-289a345eb2f5
  3. this action cannot be completed because because file is open in windows event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this action cannot be completed because because file is open in windows event log: I am unable to delete this file can somebody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-action-cannot-be-completed-because-because/bbd303d5-664a-4e97-a9d3-289a345eb2f5
  4. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”: All I want to do is simply rename a folder. No apps are running, this happens even immediately after reboot. I'm trying random potential solutions found on Google but nothing is helping, and I am normally a Mac user so I am quite lost in general.Can someone please help me?...
  5. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

“The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”: All I want to do is simply rename a folder. No apps are running, this happens even immediately after reboot. I'm trying random potential solutions found on Google but nothing is helping, and I am normally a Mac user so I am quite lost in general.Can someone please help me?...
  6. “The action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...: Hello,I am running Windows 10 HomeI can not delete "Text Document" files aka saved notepad filesI get the same error message whether I drag the file to the recycle bin or if I right click and select delete.Either way I get a pop up that said:"File in UseThis action cannot be...
  8. Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...: Hello,I am running Windows 10 HomeI can not delete "Text Document" files aka saved notepad filesI get the same error message whether I drag the file to the recycle bin or if I right click and select delete.Either way I get a pop up that said:"File in UseThis action cannot be...
  9. Cannot Delete Notepad Files - "this action cannot be completed because the file is open in...

10. The Action Cannot Be Completed Because File Is Open In System (HELP)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Action Cannot Be Completed Because File Is Open In System (HELP): [ATTACH] So, I downloaded this font for a project of mine and now it just refuses to be deleted... Everything else works. I can rename it, move it, and duplicate it but can't delete it. I'm very confused and I've tried to look online for anyone else that had this issue but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this action cannot be performed file is open in Windows command processor