Windows 10: Ran powercfg /energy and found this... Any ideas?

Discus and support Ran powercfg /energy and found this... Any ideas? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; System Availability Requests:System Required Request The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 95_mk3, Jan 12, 2020.

1. 95_mk3 Win User

Ran powercfg /energy and found this... Any ideas?

System Availability Requests:System Required Request
    The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
    Requesting Driver Instance
    Requesting Driver Device

This was an error on the report, any ideas of what this could be or how I can find it?

looks like a malicious driver or something of the sort.

:)

95_mk3, Jan 12, 2020
  2. sba923 Win User

POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore

??? have you read my post ???

there's no executable called POWERCNFG.EXE

FWIW here's what POWERCFG -ENERGY yields with no other options:

PS> powercfg -energy

Enabling tracing for 60 seconds...

Observing system behavior..

Exact same problem: returns immediately and doesn't create the output file.

sba923, Jan 12, 2020
  3. epyon9283 Win User
    Powercfg /energy immediately exits

When running "powercfg /energy" the command outputs the following:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg /energy

Enabling tracing for 60 seconds...

Observing system behavior...

It immediately returns me to the command line and does not generate a report. I had reinstalled 10 from a restore image (on my surface pro 4) and it was broken. I reset Windows and it started working properly. Now a few days later it's broken again. No updates
    or software has been installed since the last time it worked. It just stopped working.

Anyone have know how to fix? There are no errors in the event viewer when I try to run.

epyon9283, Jan 12, 2020
  4. sba923 Win User

POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore

On one of my computers POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't function (anymore).

It returns immediately and doesn't create the expected output file.

I have created a PowerShell test script that helps reproducing the issue.

Here's the script:

#requires
    -RunAsAdministrator
    $starttime
    = (Get-Date)
    $outputfile
    = Join-Path
    -Path
    $env:TEMP -ChildPath
    "pcet.html"
    & powercfg
    /energy /duration
    30 /output
    $outputfile
    $rc = $LASTEXITCODE
    Write-Host("POWERCFG /ENERGY returned with exit code {0} in {1} seconds"
    -f $rc, ((Get-Date)
    - $starttime).TotalSeconds)
    if (Test-Path
    -LiteralPath
    $outputfile)
    {
    Write-Host
    -ForegroundColor Green ("Output file '{0}' WAS created"
    -f $outputfile)
    Remove-Item
    -Force
    -LiteralPath
    $outputfile
    }
    else
    {
    Write-Host
    -ForegroundColor Red ("Output file '{0}' was NOT created"
    -f $outputfile)
    }

Here's the output on a computer without the issue:

Ran powercfg /energy and found this... Any ideas? 79ff1e25-8aea-4366-85c6-b3943eb31d29?upload=true.png

and here's the output on the offending computer:

Ran powercfg /energy and found this... Any ideas? a47967ed-e3d5-40bd-9228-a8c61c8070f9?upload=true.png

Both computers are running Windows 10 build 17763.503 (latest RS5/1809 build).

Where do I go from here?

sba923, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Ran powercfg /energy and found this... Any ideas? - Similar Threads - Ran powercfg energy

2. any ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  3. any ideas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  4. powercfg /energy returns without generating report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg /energy returns without generating report: The command "powercfg /energy" should generate an energy report at the file path C:/Windows/system32. And the command also takes around 60 seconds to run, however when I try to run the command it returns in a couple of seconds and does not generate any form of file report....
  5. powercfg /energy returns without generating report

powercfg /energy returns without generating report: The command "powercfg /energy" should generate an energy report at the file path C:/Windows/system32. And the command also takes around 60 seconds to run, however when I try to run the command it returns in a couple of seconds and does not generate any form of file report....
  6. powercfg /energy not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg /energy not working: Surface pro 8, fresh win11. Powercfg energyreport doesn't work, just returns immediately without doing anything:powercfg /batteryreport works fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powercfg-energy-not-working/633a90ed-1356-4d49-8a15-ca2aa8ef46b6
  7. powercfg /energy not working

powercfg /energy not working: Surface pro 8, fresh win11. Powercfg energyreport doesn't work, just returns immediately without doing anything:powercfg /batteryreport works fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powercfg-energy-not-working/633a90ed-1356-4d49-8a15-ca2aa8ef46b6
  8. POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore: On one of my computers POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't function (anymore). It returns immediately and doesn't create the expected output file. I have created a PowerShell test script that helps reproducing the issue. Here's the script: #requires -RunAsAdministrator...
  9. Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are.: Hi all, When I've been playing games recently, I've been having issues in game where my whole PC would freeze for a couple seconds and then be fine for a while. This happens very irregularly and is very strange overall. So to see what was happening, I opened Task Manager...
  10. How to go straight to the "Setting Energy -> Suspension"? Any idea?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to go straight to the "Setting Energy -> Suspension"? Any idea?: How to go straight to the "Setting Energy and Suspension" for my Display options and change the value to turn off my Display? My case: I always, when I go to sleep, I change the value to "2 minutes" ("Sleeping"), so that my monitor is turned off, and when I am using the...