Windows 10: Ran rkill before Malwarebytes - Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath"

Discus and support Ran rkill before Malwarebytes - Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I ran rkill [standard procedure] before running Malwarebytes for Antivirus. Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath" error messages. PC seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jdelaney77, Sep 14, 2018.

1. jdelaney77 Win User

Ran rkill before Malwarebytes - Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath"

Hi,

I ran rkill [standard procedure] before running Malwarebytes for Antivirus. Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath" error messages. PC seems to working ok.

Please respond.

Thanks,

Joe

:)

jdelaney77, Sep 14, 2018
  2. BTC55 Win User

Everything seemed to go well. Except MS Edge still seems to want to allow a rogue page to pop up once in awhile.

<Original title: DNSunlocker>

Windows 10 64 bit workstation. Windows Defender in use

I had DNSUNLOCKER on my workstation recently.

I removed it with instructions from Malwarebytes.

In safe mode,

• Ran TDDS Killer,
    • Ran RKILL,
    • Ran Malwarebytes, then;
    • Ran ADWCleaner.
    Reset Chrome to default settings. I could not find a similar option in the MS Edge menu settings.

Everything seemed to go well. Except MS Edge still seems to want to allow a rogue page to pop up once in awhile.

When this happens I run Malwarebytes again and nothing is detected.

Have had no similar occurrences in Chrome.

What further steps do I need to take to assure my machine is clean?

BTC55, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Issues with malwarebytes need help

Welcome to TenForums @taygen

There may be some malware processes that are preventing you using Task Manager and Malwarebytes. Use Rkill to stop them then, without restarting, try Malwarebytes again.

Download RKill

4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Ran rkill before Malwarebytes - Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath" - Similar Threads - Ran rkill before

2. Ran rkill before Malwarebytes - Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ran rkill before Malwarebytes - Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath": Hi, I ran rkill [standard procedure] before running Malwarebytes for Antivirus. Got ten pages of "Incorrect ImagePath" error messages. PC seems to working ok. Please respond. Thanks, Joe Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  3. Windows media creation tool ran for 20 hours, and never got anywhere, is there an easier...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows media creation tool ran for 20 hours, and never got anywhere, is there an easier...: I have my license key for Windows 10 pro, I just don't have the media, so I tried the only choice I could find, the Windows media creation tool. The trouble is that it ran for 20 hours, and never got past gathering data. So I tried to get media on my Linux computer and it let...
  4. Ran Malwarebytes, now my bluetooth headset doesnt' sound right!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ran Malwarebytes, now my bluetooth headset doesnt' sound right!: I work from home and I started noticing that my system was running a bit sluggish. So I ran Malwarebytes. After quarantining several threats and then rebooting now my LG HBS-800 earbuds sound like crap! I have the volume all the way up and I can barely hear any sound at all....
  5. Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes: Can someone Please give me a good trusted free link to MailwareBytes Antispam ware No trial .Thanks Jerry *Smile 50262
  6. Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain --

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain --: Hi folks I had a really annoying problem on Firefox but eventually easily solved -- on a hosting server I was getting the Hosting services "Parking" or sales page showing whenever I typed my domains default page instead of (currently) just a blank page -- the Hosting DNS's...
  7. I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it.: I got two comparisons the first one was mine: The underlined part is the incorrect file. [img] The second part is the correct one. The underlined part is what I wanted. [img] The issue is, that I can't seem to figure out on how to fix it. Even if I find a program...
  8. Help! ran into BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! ran into BSOD: I was running norton, the program froze. I accidently hit the power button. And now i have bsod issue. I tried going into safe mode, same blue screen. In recovery screen, error code 0xc000000f. . i go to startup settings, and its in continous loop. I dont know where to go...
  9. OneNote in Ten

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote in Ten: Hi, on my Asus Vivotab Note 8 I am trying to use the handwriting feature in OneNote 2013 but it seems the palm rejection is not working as it should. Every time I try to write something the calendar pops up in the bottom right and deactivates the OneNote window... 36105
  10. Ran SFC scan and got errors...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ran SFC scan and got errors...: HP -15 laptop, Windows 10 Home version 1709 Build 16299.309 I ran an sfc /scannow scan and it reported: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...