Windows 10: Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are.

Discus and support Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, When I've been playing games recently, I've been having issues in game where my whole PC would freeze for a couple seconds and then be fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MopeyVermin59, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are.

Hi all,

When I've been playing games recently, I've been having issues in game where my whole PC would freeze for a couple seconds and then be fine for a while. This happens very irregularly and is very strange overall.

So to see what was happening, I opened Task Manager and put performance tab on my 2nd Screen to analyze what was happening and I could see when it froze, my D: went from nowhere to 100% and then back down.

So after doing this scan and seeing errors, I really need some help in finding what the issue is. I have the CBS log which I'll link here ( had to be mediafire since Google Docs wouldn't process it )

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xzl6uk8e8gdnqe1/CBS.log/file

My System is:

Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70Ghz

32GB DDR4 RAM

RTX 2080

C: - ADATA SU650 - 480GB SSD

D: - ST2000DM006-2DM164 - 2TB HDD

E: - Some External 3TB Hard Drive

If someone can really help me, this would be great since it's been really annoying me recently, especially when it happens in games. Ta.

:)

MopeyVermin59, Feb 9, 2019

2. Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

Hi,

I ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 desktop and got the response below:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Did not find any "log" from the directions above.

Please help,

Thanks,

Joe

jdelaney77, Feb 9, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

Hi joe

If sfc found corrupt files and was unable to repair hose, you should run this command and then run sfc again . . .

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

When that command completes, run this command:

sfc /scannow

Does sfc reports errors the second time?

DaveM121, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are.

sfc/scannow corrupt file

sfc/scannow keeps finding corrupt files and fixing them

Berkkarakas, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are.

1. Ran sfc /scannow on CMD and found corrupt files but have no idea what they are. - Similar Threads - Ran sfc scannow

2. Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.: I found errors in my system when I ran `sfc /scannow` . Is their a problem in my computer? My computer is brand new with a fresh install of windows 10 with no added things. So how did I get errors in my system? Please help me....
  3. Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.: I found errors in my system when I ran `sfc /scannow` . Is their a problem in my computer? My computer is brand new with a fresh install of windows 10 with no added things. So how did I get errors in my system? Please help me....
  4. Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.

SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.: Hello, computer games keep randomly crashing and computer gets BSOD a lot, this is a new build. I ran SFC/scannow and it said there was corrupted files, is there somewhere I can send the report to? I would prefer not to take it to a shop, but will if I have to....
  6. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.

sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.: Help needed to repair corrupt files found after running sfc /scannow. [img] Running W 10 x64 Home Edition 1903 with latest updates installed. Please redirect this thread if posted on the wrong place. 136378
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.: Help needed to repair corrupt files found after running sfc /scannow. [img] Running W 10 x64 Home Edition 1903 with latest updates installed. Please redirect this thread if posted on the wrong place. 136378
  9. Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.: Hi, I ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 desktop and got the response below: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time....
  10. SFC /scannow with corrupted files

SFC /scannow with corrupted files: Hi Roomies, After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error. [img] Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't know what other test or fixer to run. Thank you. 36866

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc error cbs.log in windows 10 corrupt files and black screen freeze