Windows 10: Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

Discus and support Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Micah E_0930, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is disconnected. Troubleshooting I have already done is:Updating Windows and laptopReset the routerRan Network Adapter troubleshooter and it came back with no issuesReset Winsock catalog commands in Command Prompt ran as admin and restarting deviceRestarting deviceDisabling and enabling network adapters through command in Powers

:)

Micah E_0930, Feb 15, 2024
  2. DRN2018 Win User

Cannot ipconfig /renew

Whenever I try to ipconfig /renew (after ipconfig /release), it takes a long time and then it says that "An error occurred while renewing interface Npcap Loopback Adapter: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has been timed out" Any suggestions
    on how to fix this?

DRN2018, Feb 15, 2024
  3. Windows 10 - Releasing and Renewing IPconfig

My Dell Laptop is running Windows 10. Each time that I sign in, I must release and renew the ipconfig in Command Prompt to access the internet. How can this annoying problem be fixed?

ppowell550, Feb 15, 2024
  4. atyjh1 Win User

Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

ipconfig /renew

I was wondering does ipconfig /renew affect the router itself, the PC or both?

atyjh1, Feb 15, 2024
Thema:

Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

1. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and... - Similar Threads - Ran command ipconfig

2. Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...: Hello everyone, My laptop have this problem where it can only connect to the internet by doing "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew". Whenever I turn it off and then turn it on again or restarting, my device will not connect to the internet until I do the mentioned...
  3. Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...: Hello everyone, My laptop have this problem where it can only connect to the internet by doing "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew". Whenever I turn it off and then turn it on again or restarting, my device will not connect to the internet until I do the mentioned...
  4. Help: Constantly have to ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew due to connectivity issues...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  6. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  7. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  8. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

9. IPConfig /release and /renew throughout network

IPConfig /release and /renew throughout network: Hi, I apologise if this problem has been solved anywhere. I did do a search for it but there didn't seem to be any complete solutions as far as I could see. Around a week ago, a colleague's computer would not connect to the internet (although was connected to the...
  10. Need to cmd command prompt ipconfig release and renew

Need to cmd command prompt ipconfig release and renew: Hi, suddely I cannot get internet access unless I do the cmd command prompt ip config release and renew everytime I turn on laptop. This has just started after I purchased Malwarbytes Premium. Could it be connected, if not anyone have any solutions. Thanks 90804