Windows 10: Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything...

Discus and support Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I ran this command on a coworkers computer because he has an error in his recycle bin that would force him to restart his computer every 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by matthew parsons (mattp), Nov 22, 2019.

1. Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything...

Hello,

I ran this command on a coworkers computer because he has an error in his recycle bin that would force him to restart his computer every 2 hours because the bin was corrupted or to close out of the dialogue box. I ran this command based on a Youtube fix that I saw and pressed enter. I restarted the machine since that is the way how he told me he would see the box, then he was missing everything from his desktop and all his pinned applications from the taskbar were missing as well (rather just missing?)

What I've done so far -

• Went back to a restore point 1 day ago (no luck)
    • signed up for Ease US to get data back (no luck)

What else can I do?

:)

matthew parsons (mattp), Nov 22, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

recycle bin

Hi OliveiroAlex, your Recycle Bin may be corrupt

To fix a corrupt Recycle Bin:

Open a Command Prompt window as administrator:

(Click your Start Button, type cmd, right click Command Prompt in the resulting list and choose 'Run as Administrator')

Paste the following command and hit Enter:

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

Close the Command Prompt window and restart your system

Then create a new text document on your desktop and delete it to create a new recycle bin . . .

DaveM121, Nov 22, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Missing recycle bin

Hi speedyfastcat, 2 steps to fix this known issue:

(Click your Start Button, type cmd, right click Command Prompt in the resulting list and choose 'Run as Administrator')

Righ-click your desktop and select New folder.

In the name field, copy-paste the following and hit Enter:

Recycle bin.{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

The folder convert into the Recycle Bin!

DaveM121, Nov 22, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything...

The recycle bin on c:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

Hi seseavey

It sounds like your Recycle Bin is Corrupt:

When your system starts up:

Create a new text file on your desktop and delete it to recreate a new recycle bin on your C Drvie

DaveM121, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything...

1. Ran this command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and restarted computer to find everything... - Similar Threads - Ran command $Recycle

2. Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray: Hello,I was having an issue where I couldn't empty or view my recycle bin and I found a forum that recommended using this command to fix the recycle bin, I figured it would be fine because my recycle bin is already messed up and the command specified the recycle bin so I...
  3. Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray: Hello,I was having an issue where I couldn't empty or view my recycle bin and I found a forum that recommended using this command to fix the recycle bin, I figured it would be fine because my recycle bin is already messed up and the command specified the recycle bin so I...
  4. Ran "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" and after computer restarted my C: drive is in disarray

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i ran the command rd /s /q C:\Windows\System32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i ran the command rd /s /q C:\Windows\System32: my friends told me to run the command in the tittle and because i didnt know what it did, i ran it. but it messed with every app in my pc. how can i revert this change?...
  6. i ran the command rd /s /q C:\Windows\System32

i ran the command rd /s /q C:\Windows\System32: my friends told me to run the command in the tittle and because i didnt know what it did, i ran it. but it messed with every app in my pc. how can i revert this change?...
  7. Recycling bin possibly corrupted, running command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" is taking forever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycling bin possibly corrupted, running command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" is taking forever: I am having trouble opening my recycle bin in Windows 10. Whenever I do the green loading bar appears and it takes forever and never finishes loading. I suspect it may be corrupted from other posts on this forum. Additionally, my C: drive seems to be continually running out...
  8. Recycling bin possibly corrupted, running command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" is taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycling bin possibly corrupted, running command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" is taking forever: I am having trouble opening my recycle bin in Windows 10. Whenever I do the green loading bar appears and it takes forever and never finishes loading. I suspect it may be corrupted from other posts on this forum. Additionally, my C: drive seems to be continually running out...
  9. Recycling bin possibly corrupted, running command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" is taking forever

10. My windows 10 got corrupted after execute ( rd /s /q C: \$Recycle. bin )

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows 10 got corrupted after execute ( rd /s /q C: \$Recycle. bin ): I was trying to fix one problem of why the documents still returning after I deleted everytime when I restart the pc. I found one solution is by fixing the recicle bin with that command, but afther i executed that, all my C disk got corrupted, I didn't make a back up, all is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rd /s /q C: \$Recycle.bin Ive lost files

2. undo rd s q c $ recycle.bin

3. ed/s/q/ d:$recyclebi

4. rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and hit Enter.