Windows 10: Ran verifier due to frequent crashes. Windows 10 now immediately crashes on start up.

Discus and support Ran verifier due to frequent crashes. Windows 10 now immediately crashes on start up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The guide for using verifier instructed to use Windows 10 as normal, but crashes are now occurring on start up. Verifier is finding an error with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaiser Kay, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ran verifier due to frequent crashes. Windows 10 now immediately crashes on start up.

The guide for using verifier instructed to use Windows 10 as normal, but crashes are now occurring on start up. Verifier is finding an error with driver bfadi.sys. I booted Windows 10 in Safe mode to get minidump files and more. The errors I was receiving before running verifier were: irql_not_less_or_equal, kmode_exception_not_handled, and system_service_exception.

Dumps and specs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApJxX-pKh-rBgP94bGUOsQnRSZrL2g

:)

Kaiser Kay, Jan 9, 2019

2. Frequent system crashes (BSOD)

My computer is frequently crashing with error messages of BAD_POOL_HEADER, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, and others. I ran a memory check and now get a message after boot up that there is a memory problem and contact
    the manufacturer. Per a suggestion on this forum (Windows 10, "your computer has a memory problem" what do i do? Plse help.), I ran verifier and the system
    immediately crashed indicating esif.lf.sys caused the crash. I was able to turn off verifier in Safe Mode but the system still crashes frequently. How can I fix this problem?

Here is a link to the msinfo32 file and a .zip file of the last 3 .dmp files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5gezqilkz9PU29PR0psWUFmNmdOajFld1lLT3lkV0NvQnVV/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5gezqilkz9PWE9DYWxKZEgwN09PMi1ZNy1VNHY2aFdvcUxR/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

SteveHerbst, Jan 9, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 9, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Ran verifier due to frequent crashes. Windows 10 now immediately crashes on start up.

Mafia 2 crashes on Windows 10

I recently want to play some Mafia 2 again but in Windows 10 it crashes no errors or warnings it just closes down.
    The game starts fine and loads, but in missions even in the DLC's it just crashes and it doesn't matter if it's a savegame or new game.

What I have tried so far:

Running the game in compatibility mode Windows 8 and 7
    Verify game cache (since it's steam)
    re-downloading the game

I use the newest Nvidia driver 368.39 and the game is update, and so is steam.

Anyone got a good advice here? It worked for me on Windows 7 and 8 back when I got the game.

puma99dk|, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Ran verifier due to frequent crashes. Windows 10 now immediately crashes on start up.

1. Ran verifier due to frequent crashes. Windows 10 now immediately crashes on start up. - Similar Threads - Ran verifier due

2. Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 immediately crashes on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 immediately crashes on start-up: When double-clicked, the Media Creation Tool for W11 gives me a UAC prompt, then doesn't open when given "Yes" on the UAC prompt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-for-windows-11-immediately/544f712e-0ec4-4c22-8a0d-b90c45c26e29
  3. Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 immediately crashes on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 immediately crashes on start-up: When double-clicked, the Media Creation Tool for W11 gives me a UAC prompt, then doesn't open when given "Yes" on the UAC prompt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-for-windows-11-immediately/544f712e-0ec4-4c22-8a0d-b90c45c26e29
  4. Media Creation Tool for Windows 11 immediately crashes on start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Frequent BSOD crashes due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD crashes due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd.sys: So, a while ago, I submitted a post about crashes due to BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. This crash only occured maybe once or twice per day. In the past hour however, I have had 2 crashes, with the error code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and this driver being displayed on the...
  6. Frequent BSOD crashes due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD crashes due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd.sys: So, a while ago, I submitted a post about crashes due to BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. This crash only occured maybe once or twice per day. In the past hour however, I have had 2 crashes, with the error code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and this driver being displayed on the...
  7. Windows 10 crashes frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes frequently: I got a Dell laptop and Windows 10 crashes frequently. After lots of troubleshooting, Dell has recommended that I reinstall Windows.Is it possible for Microsoft to diagnose these crashes?Does Microsoft offer any support? I contacted support and they pointed me to some...
  8. Windows crashes and now is not starting

Windows crashes and now is not starting: Hello, My pc has been constantly crashing and not working. Here is a list of all the errors CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED SYSTEM_STORE_EXCEPTION BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG UNACCESABLE_BOOT_DRIVE My hard drive is also making a sound, it clicks regularly then stops and makes a sort of...
  9. Edge crashes immediately on start up

in Browsers and Email
    Edge crashes immediately on start up: I just did a clean install of Windows 10 on a machine that had previously been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. The only thing I have done so far, is let the updates complete. When I try to open Edge, it immediately crashes. By experimenting a little, it seems to be...
  10. Windows 10 crashing frequently

Windows 10 crashing frequently: Have you tried putting the other ram stick in just to confirm the fault?