Windows 10: Random 100% HDD read spikes

Discus and support Random 100% HDD read spikes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing system wide stuttering due to secondary disk usage. My primary disk is SSD. Stuttering completelety freezes PC for 1-3 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KrzysztofDr, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Random 100% HDD read spikes

Hi,

I'm experiencing system wide stuttering due to secondary disk usage. My primary disk is SSD.
    Stuttering completelety freezes PC for 1-3 seconds. I've tried using Process Monitor from Sysinternals but did not found any process writing or reading from HDD during that spikes. Last time I had this issue I had to install Windows again. Don't wanna do that.

Did anyone experience something like this?

Cheers

Random 100% HDD read spikes 031a3a23-3451-4851-ba10-462e5ec8ecb3?upload=true.jpg

:)

KrzysztofDr, Feb 11, 2019
  2. mc510 Win User

Insanely slow HDD random read/write

I'm playing tech support for a relative, and her (ASUS K53E) laptop SATA HDD has insanely slow random read/write. Sequential r/w is around 74 MB/s, which seems fine, but random is around 1 MB/s. Hard disk health is fine according to S.M.A.R.T. Win10 1709 Pro x64. Pentium B960; HM65 Express chipset using the Microsoft Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Windows update doesn't have any driver updates; Intel driver tool returns nothing; Asus website has no Windows 10 drivers. I'm at a loss, any suggestions?

Random 100% HDD read spikes [​IMG]

mc510, Feb 11, 2019
  3. 1Dez Win User
    100% Disk usage spike on Windows 10

Recently I have experienced that when running most applications (especially gaming) my Laptop would have a disk usage spike to 99% or 100%. when I check the task manager there is no specific program using the disk, its just at 100% usually forcing me to
    do a hard restart. baring in mind that when I run the programs the usually run smoothly and very randomly the disk usage spikes. this has only been happening since downloading windows 10. I have read many threads and applied many fixes such as disabling SuperFetch,
    BIT service and windows update. I have also disable cloud based protection which seemed to work for some people but not for me, any other suggestions?

4. Johankaan Win User

Random 100% HDD read spikes

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Random 100% HDD read spikes

1. Random 100% HDD read spikes - Similar Threads - Random 100% HDD

2. Disk usage randomly and periodically spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage randomly and periodically spikes to 100%: Brand new CPU, motherboard and RAM, fresh OS install, complete format I even cleaned my disks with console command during this window when installing Windows where you have to choose drive to install OS on. Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 - not overclocked,...
  3. Completely Random spikes of 100% disk usage

Completely Random spikes of 100% disk usage: I am having a lot of trouble due to 100% disk usage by 'system' and 'registry' processes even when it is idle. I have tried so many solutions from a lot of places but none worked for me like disabling prefetch, superfetch and search, stopping antivirus processes, my pc is...
  4. Random HDD Spikes after installing SSD

Random HDD Spikes after installing SSD: Hi everyone, I have a laptop with internal HDD inside and I was using that HDD for 2 years. It was running fine without 100% spikes, but accessing Windows, like start menu and search etc. was slow to open. So, I decided to buy a SSD only for OS and keeping HDD as external...
  5. hdd spikes at 100% all the time

hdd spikes at 100% all the time: hi. I have the same problem with the post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-spiking-to-100-randomly-help-please/ce63438e-308c-4f91-a889-73d85db2996b I installed windows peformance recorder and I saved my file, as was stated in the tutorial....
  6. Seemingly random 100% disk usage spikes

Seemingly random 100% disk usage spikes: I've noticed a problem recently with my disk usage ever since I installed Windows 10. At seemingly random intervals, whilst viewing task manager, I'll see my disk usage spike up to 100% without me doing anything, before it goes back down to normal levels. It seems to happen...
  7. Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%: Hi guys! Really searching for a solution as I’ve tried a lot of things. I’ve had my gaming rig for years and never experienced any problems. This week however, the disk issue started. Every time I load up any game, my disk usage goes to 100% for approximately 30-45 seconds...
  8. Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please

Disk performance 100% and random spikes help please: I have seen many different solutions to this problem of having your disk at 100%. If I stop super fetch it helps but I still have spikes that freeze applications. I don't want to permanently stop super fetch if I don't have to as it sounds like a helpful application. I...
  9. Disk Spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Spikes to 100%: Hi! since not too long, it takes 5 minutes to my pc's disk to go back to low percents. It takes around 5 minutes when I start the PC to go back low and sometimes it spikes back up to 100%. The program i see the most going up is System and Compressed memory. I...
  10. Random spikes of 100% disk activity on system drive.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random spikes of 100% disk activity on system drive.: Hello, I am having issues with my system, or it might be my SSD, I am unsure hence here I am. Symptoms: The C:\ drive spikes to 100% activity but 0 avg respone, 0 read/write for 2-5 seconds (usually but it have taken over 40 seconds at a couple of occasions) followed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random hdd disk spikes windows 10

2. secondary hdd spikes to 100%

3. disk drive randomly spikes

4. 100% cpu kb4505052,
  5. wdc wd6000hlhx 100% read windows 10