Windows 10: Random 100% HDD read spikes

Discus and support Random 100% HDD read spikes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing system wide stuttering due to secondary disk usage. My primary disk is SSD. Stuttering completelety freezes PC for 1-3 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KrzysztofDr, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Random 100% HDD read spikes

Hi,

I'm experiencing system wide stuttering due to secondary disk usage. My primary disk is SSD.
    Stuttering completelety freezes PC for 1-3 seconds. I've tried using Process Monitor from Sysinternals but did not found any process writing or reading from HDD during that spikes. Last time I had this issue I had to install Windows again. Don't wanna do that.

Did anyone experience something like this?

Cheers

Random 100% HDD read spikes 031a3a23-3451-4851-ba10-462e5ec8ecb3?upload=true.jpg

:)

KrzysztofDr, Feb 11, 2019
  2. mc510 Win User

Insanely slow HDD random read/write

I'm playing tech support for a relative, and her (ASUS K53E) laptop SATA HDD has insanely slow random read/write. Sequential r/w is around 74 MB/s, which seems fine, but random is around 1 MB/s. Hard disk health is fine according to S.M.A.R.T. Win10 1709 Pro x64. Pentium B960; HM65 Express chipset using the Microsoft Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Windows update doesn't have any driver updates; Intel driver tool returns nothing; Asus website has no Windows 10 drivers. I'm at a loss, any suggestions?

Random 100% HDD read spikes [​IMG]

mc510, Feb 11, 2019
  3. 1Dez Win User
    100% Disk usage spike on Windows 10

Recently I have experienced that when running most applications (especially gaming) my Laptop would have a disk usage spike to 99% or 100%. when I check the task manager there is no specific program using the disk, its just at 100% usually forcing me to
    do a hard restart. baring in mind that when I run the programs the usually run smoothly and very randomly the disk usage spikes. this has only been happening since downloading windows 10. I have read many threads and applied many fixes such as disabling SuperFetch,
    BIT service and windows update. I have also disable cloud based protection which seemed to work for some people but not for me, any other suggestions?

4. Johankaan Win User

Random 100% HDD read spikes

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Random 100% HDD read spikes

1. Random 100% HDD read spikes - Similar Threads - Random 100% HDD

2. HDD not reading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not reading: Hello, I have a custom built system and I have an SSD and 2 HDD, one is a WD 1TB and the other is a Seagate 3TB. The 3TB drive however does not show in disk management however the disk is shown in device manager and in the properties it reads connected and working properly...
  3. HDD running at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD running at 100%: My HDD is running at the 100%, when I check the task manager and I am seeing the window services are running duplicates. EX. CONHOST was running at 4x. I attempting to uninstall recent programs to include a MACFEE antivirus in order to resolve the problem without any success....
  4. 100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disc Usage (Spikes) Not always at 100%: Hey guys I'm currently having a huge problem... I recently changed my hard drive cause of the random 100% disc usage spikes... Well to no sucess that didn't work. It still causes major spikes i've noticed it mainly happens when i download something. I've tried disabling...
  5. Disk Spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Spikes to 100%: Hi! since not too long, it takes 5 minutes to my pc's disk to go back to low percents. It takes around 5 minutes when I start the PC to go back low and sometimes it spikes back up to 100%. The program i see the most going up is System and Compressed memory. I...
  6. Random 100% disk usage spike causing frozen system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random 100% disk usage spike causing frozen system: Occasionally I'll be watching a movie with VLC player, and then suddenly everything freezes temporarily for 40 seconds or so. Before everything else becomes fully frozen and unusable, I am able to see Task Manager showing disk usage pinned at 100%, but I don't hear the...
  7. Random spikes of 100% disk activity on system drive.

Random spikes of 100% disk activity on system drive.: Hello, I am having issues with my system, or it might be my SSD, I am unsure hence here I am. Symptoms: The C:\ drive spikes to 100% activity but 0 avg respone, 0 read/write for 2-5 seconds (usually but it have taken over 40 seconds at a couple of occasions) followed...
  8. Insanely slow HDD random read/write

Insanely slow HDD random read/write: I'm playing tech support for a relative, and her (ASUS K53E) laptop SATA HDD has insanely slow random read/write. Sequential r/w is around 74 MB/s, which seems fine, but random is around 1 MB/s. Hard disk health is fine according to S.M.A.R.T. Win10 1709 Pro x64. Pentium...
  9. Windows 10 100% cpu spike

Windows 10 100% cpu spike: Hello guys I have a problem with windows 10, sometimes I get a 1sec or smth like that 100% cpu spike and it kinda feels when i watch a movie/ play a game/etc . I don't know what to do because I cant even find the process, all its to fast and random 11980
  10. CPU 100% spikes - freezing the laptop - WIN10

CPU 100% spikes - freezing the laptop - WIN10: Hello, In the last month or so, I've been getting maximum CPU spikes to 100%, completely freezing the laptop on couple of seconds. This occurs pretty much each time the laptop is used for very basic stuff, music video on youtube + few extra tabs and thats pretty much it, not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wdc wd6000hlhx 100% read windows 10