Windows 10: random 49 gb of space being used!

Discus and support random 49 gb of space being used! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Help!! I was extracting a rar for something and it said disk write error : out of space. I went to check explorer and it says the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luventius braven, Feb 7, 2021.

1. random 49 gb of space being used!

random 49 gb of space being used! b8a6cf99-4aac-421d-b4d4-10088eee674b?upload=true.png

random 49 gb of space being used! fcc2ece9-9aba-4509-b81a-7a5598a12c75?upload=true.png

Help!! I was extracting a rar for something and it said disk write error : out of space. I went to check explorer and it says the full hard drive was used even though the capacity was 149 gb and there was only 100 gb in the disk!

Tried defragment, ccleaner and stuff but not working : experienced this problem before but on a smaller scale

:)

luventius braven, Feb 7, 2021

2. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Missing over 600 GB of free unused disk space!

I have an HP 250 G2 Notebook. When installing Windows 7 the setup menu showed me a list of disks and partitions and asked, "Where do you want to install Windows?" There was a 'Disk 0' with 298 GB of space and a 'Disk 1' with over 600 GB of space. I thought
    I was deleting a partition and selected 'Disk 1' and clicked the 'Delete' button in the menu below the list of storage space drives. I thought this would result in seeing one drive with about 931 GB of space (as listed in the product specifications on the
    HP website). Instead the 'Disk 1' and its space COMPLETELY disappeared. I cannot get that 600 GB of space to appear again. When viewing drives in the Windows Explorer it only shows 298 GB of space. When going to the disk manager, it only shows 298 GB of space.
    I tried re-formatting the machine and reinstalling Windows. Still only shows 298 GB of space. I tried using the command prompt as an administrator and running "chkdsk". Still only shows 298 GB of space. I tried using "diskpart" still only shows 298GB of space.
    I installed several "expert" applications that are designed to view partitions and recover disk space. Still only shows 298 GB of space. Beginning to loose hope. How did I loose 2/3 of my disk space and how do I get it back?

Fire Beaver, Feb 7, 2021
  4. kumarDB Win User

random 49 gb of space being used!

Random variation in Free Disk space

Hi,

I am observing some random variations in Free Disk Space of my C drive (its the only drive on my PC). For instance, today it is showing 61 GB free space, yesterday it was 61.4 GB. A week ago it was 58.7 GB. The variation in free space ranges from 0.1 GB-2
    GB and occurs at random time intervals. I am not deleting, adding or modifying any files on my computer.

My windows 10 version is 1803 (April 2018 update). I scanned my PC with windows defender and both the scans-quick scan and full scan-found 0 threats.

Is this routine behavior or is it something to worry about? I would highly appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

kumarDB, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

random 49 gb of space being used!

1. random 49 gb of space being used! - Similar Threads - random space being

2. windows system using 423 GB of space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows system using 423 GB of space.: Just started my new laptop and after a couple of days i noticed that my system space is taking away about 423GB for no reason. Can someone help me please?...
  3. windows system using 423 GB of space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows system using 423 GB of space.: Just started my new laptop and after a couple of days i noticed that my system space is taking away about 423GB for no reason. Can someone help me please?...
  4. Task Manager Using 49% of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Using 49% of CPU: With only Windows Explorer running Task Manager is using 49% of the CPU and no I/O:Windows Explorer is at 13% with no I/O.What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-using-49-of-cpu/b930a939-40b2-4587-aded-39eceec2e83d
  5. Files not showing the amount of GB being used

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files not showing the amount of GB being used: My computer is full on space, and it shows most of my GB is being used by applications. When I go to my applications and sort all by size, it shows one application taking 18 GB and another taking 2 GB. The rest take less than 1 GB yet it says my applications used 148 GB on my...
  6. 20 GB of space being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20 GB of space being taken up for no reason.: After updating my System Firmware drivers, about 20 GB of space was taken up under Apps and Features for no apparent reason. I have not installed any new apps since updating the drivers, so I have no idea how such a large amount of space was suddenly used up....
  7. CD space is being used with no files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD space is being used with no files: My CD had about 4gb of space but now it's 1gb free. There are no files on it yet it is still 1gb free. I have no idea what's going on, please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-space-is-being-used-with-no-files/bc5af5c1-dfba-418e-8c9b-167bc962a46e
  8. Kaspersky is using 55 Gb of space !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kaspersky is using 55 Gb of space !: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/meto2245 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjo7gv/kaspersky_is_using_55_gb_of_space/
  9. What's using 49 GB of my storage ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's using 49 GB of my storage ?: I have a 500Gb ssd and i wanted to check whats eating up my storage so l go to storage on my PC and on the "Other" folder its written 95Gb of which 49GB is from Users\Public\Documents. The funny part i check inside the folder to see whats there but nothing is in there. So...
  10. Free space on harddrive randomly jumped from ~65 GB to ~108 GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Free space on harddrive randomly jumped from ~65 GB to ~108 GB: My laptop is on Windows 10. Normally, I only use my laptop when I am out of town. A few weeks ago, I had about 65 GB of free space on my main partition. A couple days ago when I started my vacation, I noticed that it jumped up to 74 GB. I presumed that was because some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows system takes 49 GB