Windows 10: Random actions since W10 update.

Discus and support Random actions since W10 update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the last update the laptop has been acting as if haunted. Various interfaces and windows open randomly including the right click interface, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jo LynneLockley, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Random actions since W10 update.

Since the last update the laptop has been acting as if haunted. Various interfaces and windows open randomly including the right click interface, the inspect element window and interfaces in 365. In both Chrome and Firefox windows are closed or opened or attempts are made to leave pages, new tabs are opened.
    When writing text stretches of text or the entire text is suddenly deleted, or the cursor moves to another space and continues to enter the text being typed there.
    Windows are closed without warning, causing loss of work.
    Sticky keys are off as is the touchpad.
    Working on a German Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga.
    This behavior appeared once before and then disappeared on its own. It returned a few weeks ago.

Help appreciated.

:)

Jo LynneLockley, Jan 14, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 14, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Random actions since W10 update.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Random actions since W10  update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Random actions since W10 update.

1. Random actions since W10 update. - Similar Threads - Random actions since

2. Can no longer sacn since recent W10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can no longer sacn since recent W10 update: Since installing a recent W10 update, several printers different brands and models will no longer scan. How do we correct this or reverse what was done ?...
  3. Random sleeping since latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random sleeping since latest update: This is my first post on this subreddit, and I’m not entirely sure which flair to use so I hope this is right. Also please excuse my lack of technical understanding, I’m a bit of a newbie at this lol. I’ll try and give some context to the issue I’ve been having below, if...
  4. Photos App unable to scroll since W10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App unable to scroll since W10 update: Following the MS update KB4532693 yesterday, I am no longer to able to scroll through my photos through the 'Photos' viewer nor can I click through them. This happened before after an update but I cannot remember how I fixed it previously. It must have been fairly easy as I...
  5. problems with FSX since update to W10 latest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with FSX since update to W10 latest: My FSX Gold edition was workign fine but since the last Windows update it would not launch any more. Double click on the icon and nothing happens. I tried uninstalling but now it won't re-install any more. I get the screen asking if I want to repair or remove and nothing I...
  6. Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update: I have 4 different mail accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, Comcast, & Gmail) that I read in both Outlook 365 & W10 Mail. Although I usually read new messages in Outlook, I have W10 Mail configured to show a merged Inbox and then the Spam & Deleted Items folders for each account...
  7. Action Centre not showing notifications since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Centre not showing notifications since last update: Yesterday my PC had the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803" since then I have not received and Email notifications. or any other notifications for that matter. Suggestions please. Thnaks...
  8. Action centre issue since Office 365 update

in Browsers and Email
    Action centre issue since Office 365 update: Morning Yesterday, I updated my Office 365 to the latest version, now running version 1801 (9001.2138) ... Up until this update, when an email was received it would pop up in the action centre notification, then disappear. Since the update it stays there and shows the...
  9. Cortana Popup Adverts In Action Centre Since Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Popup Adverts In Action Centre Since Update: Recently I've been having a lot of windows 10 auto updates, (presumably this 'anniversary update' thing). Today, whilst minding my own business perusing one of my regular forum pages (in firefox), I had an advert popup in my action centre which opened with the line...
  10. Problems since W10 Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since W10 Install: Since the W10 upgrade I have experienced problems. Firstly in any browser I am unable to use Ctrl c, Ctrl v or any other command that starts with Ctrl. When I press Ctrl the browser immediately zooms to maximum size and I am unable to reduce the magnification at all....