Windows 10: Random alarm sounds after Updates installed

Discus and support Random alarm sounds after Updates installed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I shut down last night there were Updates installing. Ever since today I have been getting random alarms sounds for no particular reason. At first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregrocker, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Random alarm sounds after Updates installed

When I shut down last night there were Updates installing. Ever since today I have been getting random alarms sounds for no particular reason. At first it was every few seconds and now its every few minutes.

I checked in Control Panel>Sound and the exact tone playing is Closing Program (Alarm 03). Alarm03.wav

Anyone else have this?

:)

gregrocker, Oct 16, 2014
  2. Sergio526 Win User

Snooze function not working on T-Mobile Shadow phone.

I think I'm running into the same issue, except mine is a bit more random. I snooze my alarm several times each morning. I tell it to go for 15 minutes, then 10, then 5. After over 6 months of flawless operation, for the past few weeks the snooze hasn't
    been working right. Sometimes, I'll snooze it and the alarm will not sound again until the next morning. Sometimes it will sound again after the 15 minutes, but not after the 10 or it will after the 10, but not after the 5. It's just very random.

CE OS 5.2.1711 (Build 18170.0.5.1)

Sergio526, Oct 16, 2014
  3. Alarm didn't work. Lumia 820 WP8.1

Same problem here - two mornings in a row the alarm was silent despite the ringer volume at maximum (apps volume on silent). Didn't restart the phone, but the alarm once again sounded on the next day.

Also - even with both the ringer and apps volume at maximum, the preview of the alarm when configuring the alarm doesn't sound (Edit alarm - click sound for the selection list - click play next to alarm sound).

Phone is a Nokia Lumia 735 with Windows Phone 8.1

OS version is 8.10.14219.341

Firmware revision number is 02040.00019.14484.24007

I'll note that a software update is scheduled and I'm installing that next.

New OS Version is 8.10.15148.160

New firmware revision number is 02177.00000.15184.36009

After installing the update - the alarms now sound in the alarm configuration screen (Uses ringer volume), but I don't know if that was the update or the restart. Alarms are also sounding when scheduled.

If the error recurs - I'll update here.

Michael Walters, Oct 16, 2014
  4. Random alarm sounds after Updates installed

Very strange, i haven't come across this.

If you keep an eye on Task Manager for a little while can you see anything starting/closing when the sound kicks in?

JDobbsy1987, Oct 16, 2014
  5. That's what I'm doing right now. The only time I think I actually triggered the sound myself was when I just opened and closed the Task Manager. But it continues now about every 3-5 minutes randomly.

gregrocker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random alarm sounds after Updates installed

1. Random alarm sounds after Updates installed - Similar Threads - Random alarm sounds

2. Alarm sound on my pc after turning it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarm sound on my pc after turning it on.: Please help, when i was playing gta V suddenly alarm, sounding like phone alarm started ringing non-stop. I tried to reboot my computer but it didn't work. It just started in random moment. I was reading about fixing similiar problems but i can't do it and it doesn't work....
  3. Alarm sound on my pc after turning it on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarm sound on my pc after turning it on.: Please help, when i was playing gta V suddenly alarm, sounding like phone alarm started ringing non-stop. I tried to reboot my computer but it didn't work. It just started in random moment. I was reading about fixing similiar problems but i can't do it and it doesn't work....
  4. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  5. Alarms & Clock No sound!

Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  6. Alarm Sounds

Alarm Sounds: I would like to change one of the alarm sounds in the Alarms and Clock app to a personal .flac sound file. How do I perform this task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarm-sounds/e8132de6-fc41-4d63-a38a-7034ebb3b59d
  7. Alarms & Clock No sound!

Alarms & Clock No sound!: Hello everyone, it 's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music player, etc.,...
  8. W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.

W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.: I have an Alienware m17x r4 with a fresh install of W10. I'm having a very weird problem. I keep getting the alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70 playing randomly, even though RealTemp is not installed. The original file name is RTWarning.wav, but that file doesn't exist in my hard...
  9. W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 randomly playing alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70.: I have an Alienware m17x r4 with a fresh install of W10. I'm having a very weird problem. I keep getting the alarm sound from RealTemp 3.70 playing randomly, even though RealTemp is not installed. The original file name is RTWarning.wav, but that file doesn't exist in my hard...
  10. Alarm App sounds?

Alarm App sounds?: 1) How do I sample alarm sounds in Alarm App? (Win 10) 2) Various Searches via Settings prompted .... Nada!?! 3) Search via Contana prompted "Huh? Whaaa? How about Spotify? What should I use to Open this?" ARRRGH!! 4) Silly question, I know: Any way to provide my own...