Windows 10: Random and frequent BSOD

Discus and support Random and frequent BSOD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Guys, I have just built a new PC. After booting up, the system will randomly freeze and shut down with an error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/horsemty, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Random and frequent BSOD

Guys, I have just built a new PC.

After booting up, the system will randomly freeze and shut down with an error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Then the collecting process will stuck at 0. After it reboot, it will not be able to find ssd which is my boot driver. Then reboot again it will boot successfully.

I have tried the ways I can find on the internet including reinstall the windows and update all the drivers for the hardware. Please help me!

My pc configuration is as followed:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3700x

GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 super

Motherboard: MSI X570 edge wifi

SSD: Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB

HDD: WD Black 4TB

Power: CORSAIR RM850x

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)

Please help! I am sufferingRandom and frequent BSOD :(

submitted by /u/horsemty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/horsemty, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

Random and frequent BSOD [​IMG]

E drive

Smurfmans, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Smurfmans Win User

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Random and frequent BSOD

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Random and frequent BSOD :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Random and frequent BSOD

1. Random and frequent BSOD - Similar Threads - Random frequent BSOD

2. Random and Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...
  3. Random and Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...
  4. BSOD and random reboot frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and random reboot frequently: So I've been experiencing occasional reboot/crashes for a month or two now, but recently it has been happen very frequently. While searching for a fix, I've run Windows Memory Diagnostic tool according to some website but it didn't shown me anything helpful. I'll like to add...
  5. Frequent Random BSOD'S

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Random BSOD'S: I am currently using a Legion Y540 with 16GB RAM, i5-9300H and a GTX 1650. Of late there have been lot of infrequent or random BSOD's, I clean installed Windows , tried reinstalling and have also run hardware scans on all components. I even had the motherboard replaced as it...
  6. Random and frequent BSOD

Random and frequent BSOD: Frequent and random BSOD Windows. The only time Windows stays up is when Battlefront2 is running with Epic Games and Origin OR when actively playing software games. MSinfo File output: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Al3NPewdj35cpgQPsY2CNPVZNKly?e=UMcj27 Memory.dmp file zipped:...
  7. Frequent Random BSODs

Frequent Random BSODs: Hello all, So my pc has been acting weird for months now, at first only when gaming my pc shut down with no messages or anything, windows event viewer kept on showing DistributedCOM errors even after i kept on fixing them and refused to boot until i manually pressed the...
  8. Frequent random BSODs

Frequent random BSODs: While working on different software, all of a sudden BSODs have started to crash my laptop frequently. I've collected as much info. as possible regarding my laptop using the following: V2 Log collector, RAMMon, Speccy, CPU-z, W7F Diagnostic Tool. All that info. dumps are...
  9. Random and frequent BSOD

Random and frequent BSOD: I keep on getting BSOD very frequently with different stop codes. I would appreciate any help since this computer is essentially not usable. Windows Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) Thanks! Log Files: Box 157510
  10. Frequent random BSODs

Frequent random BSODs: Built this system in January and installed W10 Pro. It was stable and FAST with my M.2 Samsung 960 SSD. About a month ago, I started getting random BSODs. Nothing has been installed other than updates. I've run virus and malware scans, it's clean. Ryzen 5 6-core, 2 GSkill...