Windows 10: Random and sudden crashes

Discus and support Random and sudden crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Randomly my laptop crashes without any error message or anything it just freezes and doesn't come back when i restart it displays a 100% update screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MoeKnight, Jan 31, 2019.

1. MoeKnight Win User

Random and sudden crashes

Randomly my laptop crashes without any error message or anything it just freezes and doesn't come back when i restart it displays a 100% update screen for a while then opens back. Sometimes when loading something or playing a game its just random and its starting to get more frequent please help.

:)

MoeKnight, Jan 31, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 31, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Random and sudden crashes - Similar Threads - Random sudden crashes

2. Sudden crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden crashes.: Hi, my desktop has started crashing today. It just goes to a black screen and then restarts. Most of the time there is no dump file created, but the first crash seems to have time to create one. I have linked it here -...
  3. Sudden crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden crashes.: Hi, my desktop has started crashing today. It just goes to a black screen and then restarts. Most of the time there is no dump file created, but the first crash seems to have time to create one. I have linked it here -...
  4. Windows suddenly crashing

Windows suddenly crashing: Hello, I am facing this stopcode problem since I bought my surface pro. "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart.We're just collecting some error info, and then we'lrestart for you.For more information about this issue and possible fixes,...
  5. Laptop Suddenly Crashes!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Suddenly Crashes!: Hello, My Asus Laptop suddenly crashes and I have to force shut down it!please give me a 100% solution if you faced similar issue!!I want to know which piece of hardware cause this!...
  6. PC suddenly starting to have issues - BSOD/randomly crashing and restarting

PC suddenly starting to have issues - BSOD/randomly crashing and restarting: Earlier today, and out of nowhere, my PC crashed and after 5 hours of attempting to fix the constant cycle of BSOD I had to perform a reset. Now, it works fine for the most part but as soon as I put any strain on it whatsoever ie. load a game, it crashes without warning....
  7. Pc crashes with a random or monitor suddenly disconnects when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc crashes with a random or monitor suddenly disconnects when gaming: I have been trying to fix this issue but it was working like normal last week it only crashes or monitor randomly disconnects when launching the game or after like 30 minutes here are the things I already did to fix the issue- running SFC- memory diagnostic no problems at...
  8. Sudden Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Crash: Hi I got these recurring sudden crashes to the WHOLE system while playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, it is NOT related to any specific position or place in the game. I traced the error through "Reliablity History" and I got this "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  9. Sudden crash

Sudden crash: Well, I was just playing Apex legends normally lel, but while I was playing my laptop suddenly froze for more than 2 minutes so I decided to forcefully close my laptop and when I opened it again it starts automatic repair normally it will fail and bring me to this blue...
  10. Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes

Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes: Good day TenForums, As of late my PC has been suffering from BSOD and random freezes (where no BSOD) occurs but both seem to be happening very frequently lately. My system is running on: Windows 10, Intel i5 4570 Radeon 6950 12Gig Ram. I added the DM log file...