Windows 10: Random APP Crashes after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Discus and support Random APP Crashes after Windows 10 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The computer is primarily used for gaming, so I have noticed this mostly on games. Tried to play Dying Light: The Following tonight with a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snake3169, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Snake3169 Win User

Random APP Crashes after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

The computer is primarily used for gaming, so I have noticed this mostly on games.

Tried to play Dying Light: The Following tonight with a few friends.. game kept crashing like crazy. It was completely random for a bit.. then after a BSOD, it started crashing as soon as I would load in by hitting the space bar.

So I figured maybe it was a driver issue.. so I rolled back my drivers to a previous version.. nope, still crashing.

So I tried running 3DMark Demo, Time Spy.. it crashes on 2 out of the 4 tests. The 1st test (Demo) and the last test (CPU Test)

So then I start up Just Cause 3, game crashes immediately, start it up again.. I am currently sitting in game, waiting to see if it crashes

EDIT: Soon as I started moving around on Just Cause 3 after this post. It crashed.

Is anyone else having any issues with all kinds of random crashes?

If you need any other info, just let me know.

:)

Snake3169, Aug 8, 2016
  2. C Cosmina Win User

Windows 10 Mobile - Photos app crashing all the time

Hello.

My Lumia 640 doesn't open Photos after the Anniversary Update of Windows 10 Mobile. Before the update, it happened that apps randomly crashed or did not open, but it was solved with a simple restart. Now I can't open Photos: neither the app itself, nor from
    another app. Other apps also crash at random times.

I tried doing a soft reset several times, but it showed no result. I hope a hard reset won't be necessary. What else can I do?

C Cosmina, Aug 8, 2016
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Snake3169 Win User

Nevermind apparently the timings on my RAM were set wrong and causing all the crashes.

Snake3169, Aug 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Random APP Crashes after Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Random APP Crashes

2. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  3. Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  4. Store apps not running after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps not running after anniversary update: Before the anniversary update all of my Windows Store apps were working properly. Now some of the apps will start the app splash screen like it is going to launch, then it exits back to the desktop. I have searched the issue of windows store apps not running on the internet....
  5. Anniversary update - apps disabled

Anniversary update - apps disabled: My update to Anniversary Edition went fine, except I think I Have 2 apps that it disabled. The Action Center noted it, I clicked and it went to the maintenance page and I didn't see the names of the apps anywhere. Is there a way I can see which apps were disabled so I can...
  6. Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Recently I updated my Windows 10 with the Anniversary update. Since then Visual Studio crashes like crazy and some of the programs are not working. Here are the crash errors: Code: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System>...
  7. Anniversary update bug with window apps

Anniversary update bug with window apps: Ever since the update my windows apps(edge, weather app etc) have this issue in which tabs and menus just keep flashing and are un-clickable as if a key on my keyboard is being held down. I unplugged my keyboard but there was no change. Rebooting my computer fixes the issue...
  8. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  9. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...