Windows 10: Random app windows open when I close a game

Discus and support Random app windows open when I close a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So when I play games on my laptop, be it steam or Xbox, a bunch of apps will open when I exit to desktop. Valorant, Microsoft Edge, file explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CamaroChris1026, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Random app windows open when I close a game

So when I play games on my laptop, be it steam or Xbox, a bunch of apps will open when I exit to desktop. Valorant, Microsoft Edge, file explorer, steelseries, and one or two others all open at once. I cannot seem to figure out how to stop it. It only happens after I exit a game.

:)

CamaroChris1026, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Random app windows open when I close a game :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Fedell6 Win User
    Games closing or not opening properly

I have several Bigfish games which I have installed on a new laptop running Windows 10. All games will close unexpectedly and repeatedly during game play, sometimes up to 4 times within 20 seconds. The icon returns to the task bar and when I click on it again it states the game was paused. This is very irritating, many are quite new games which are supposed to be windows 10 compatible. Others which are older games do not open in a full window although full screen is selected. I have had more than one online chat with Microsoft about this issue and have tried all their suggestions: uninstalling - re-installing the games, checking the compatibility troubleshooter, re-starting computer, running updates etc, and nothing has worked. Does anyone on the forum have a suggestion of what I might try as this is the only thing I do not like about this computer? *Zip

Fedell6, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Random app windows open when I close a game

Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Random app windows open when I close a game

1. Random app windows open when I close a game - Similar Threads - Random app open

2. Windows Randomly opening and closing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Randomly opening and closing apps: When does 11 randomly opening and closing apps in the background?What causes thi turned on system?Sounds to kind of trace the issue of 11 randomly opening and closing apps in the background? What causes thi turned on system? Sounds to kind of trace the issue It eats up my cpu...
  3. Windows Randomly opening and closing apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Randomly opening and closing apps: When does 11 randomly opening and closing apps in the background?What causes thi turned on system?Sounds to kind of trace the issue of 11 randomly opening and closing apps in the background? What causes thi turned on system? Sounds to kind of trace the issue It eats up my cpu...
  4. Random app windows open when I close a game

Random app windows open when I close a game: So when I play games on my laptop, be it steam or Xbox, a bunch of apps will open when I exit to desktop. Valorant, Microsoft Edge, file explorer, steelseries, and one or two others all open at once. I cannot seem to figure out how to stop it. It only happens after I exit a...
  5. windows 11 randomly freezzing when opening windows/app/games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 randomly freezzing when opening windows/app/games: HiThis only seems to have been hap[pening for the last week, i have 32gb sys ram rtx3070. I have unistalled and reinstalled the gfx drivers but no help. when windows first launches and when i try to open a game etc the whole pc locks up for around 10 or so seconds. is there...
  6. windows 11 randomly freezzing when opening windows/app/games

windows 11 randomly freezzing when opening windows/app/games: HiThis only seems to have been hap[pening for the last week, i have 32gb sys ram rtx3070. I have unistalled and reinstalled the gfx drivers but no help. when windows first launches and when i try to open a game etc the whole pc locks up for around 10 or so seconds. is there...
  7. Apps randomly opening and closing, screen flickering

Apps randomly opening and closing, screen flickering: My computer seems possessed. Apps will open, then close in random succession. There is a glowing halo bottom center of the screen above the task bar. It appears to be primarily opening the search tool but will also open random files. When the apps are opening and closing the...
  8. Xbox App on Windows 10 opens and closes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App on Windows 10 opens and closes randomly: So i've recently subscribed to gamepass, opened the xbox app and downloaded a few games. Since this morning every time I open the app it closes by itself after a few seconds and then reopens and it goes in a loop until I manually close it then it stays closed.I've managed to...
  9. Xbox App on Windows 10 opens and closes randomly

Xbox App on Windows 10 opens and closes randomly: So i've recently subscribed to gamepass, opened the xbox app and downloaded a few games. Since this morning every time I open the app it closes by itself after a few seconds and then reopens and it goes in a loop until I manually close it then it stays closed.I've managed to...
  10. applications closing when i open up games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    applications closing when i open up games: When ever I open up a game it refreshes the screen and closes apps like the xbox companion app and i have to reopen the aplication. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-closing-when-i-open-up-games/057ab7d1-c1f9-4aed-b986-bb4d2ec4fd18